Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Business Applications Business Applications
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

error when opening pdf file

(!)

Junior Member with 10 posts.

Experience: beginner/intermediate dep
17-Aug-2007, 07:10 AM #1
Unhappy error when opening pdf file
hello i received the following error message when trying to open a file. adobe reader could not open'my_invoice pdf because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example it was sent as an email attachment and was'nt correctly decoded) i regularly download this invoice every month and have never had any problems none of the previous invoices will download either. im using windows vista and adobe reader 7.0 many thanks kells
Computer Specs
Member with 4,174 posts.

Experience: Computer Illiterate
17-Aug-2007, 08:06 AM #2
Welcome to the forum. That sounds a little weird that you just started having that issue when you have been using the template for a bit. Has the site changed the application that it uses or the format that it saves the attachment in? Does it still say .zip on the end of the file name?
Junior Member with 10 posts.

Experience: beginner/intermediate dep
17-Aug-2007, 07:22 PM #3
hi jim thanks for your quick reply im loving this site already!! it doesnt say zip on the end of the file i clicked to download file as normal and received the error mess ive contacted my mobile phone company who actually send the bill and they said nothing has changed and it must be a prob with my computer!
Computer Specs
Member with 1,009 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
17-Aug-2007, 09:39 PM #4
Perhaps your Adobe Reader has become corrupted (it does happen <lg>). Since it's free, your best bet is to uninstall it and download a fresh, current copy. Let us know if this helps.
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Advanced
21-Aug-2007, 04:30 AM #5
I have had exactly the same problem with my Invoices. however I can open other Adobe documents on their website and on my own PC so the problem has to be at their end. My mobile provider were very unhelpful. Has anybody had this problem and got a resolution? any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Advanced
21-Aug-2007, 06:30 AM #6
I have spoken to Orange who are aware that they have a problem and are looking into it. I have suggested they put a message on their website to save people from contacting their tech support at 50p per minute.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!