Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Business Applications Business Applications
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

How to lock signature in Outloook 2003

(!)

Junior Member with 4 posts.

23-Aug-2007, 11:39 AM #1
How to lock signature in Outloook 2003
I have a client that wants to set up all users with a common signature in their outlook profile and restrict them from changing it. Is there any way within Outlook to do this or do I need a third party add on? If so, does anyone have any suggestions? A quick search of the web only found a couple programs for controlling the entire desktop. Any help is appreciated greatly!
Computer Specs
Member with 4,175 posts.

Experience: Computer Illiterate
23-Aug-2007, 11:42 AM #2
Have you looked into customizing the default new email form?

23-Aug-2007, 12:31 PM #3
No, I have never used forms. I just spent an hour poking around on the net and trying them and came up with nothing. Can you provide a little help or point me at a document that explains it? I am a programmer, so I can understand the technical docs, I've just never done this before.
Computer Specs
Member with 4,175 posts.

23-Aug-2007, 01:02 PM #4
A form is what Outlook calls a template. Each database object you make in outlook uses a set form. You can incorporate the default signature into the "New Mail Message" form. To customize the form you will need to not be running Word as an E-Mail editor and then go to "Tools">>"Forms">>"Customize this Form" from the menu bar if I recall correctly.

23-Aug-2007, 01:57 PM #5
I got that far before. I can't seem to put any text in the body of the message template. I tried adding a text box as well, but it doesn't let me type in it. What I really want is to put the user's name and then some static text that will be immediately after the message they type in, but not be able to be deleted by the user.
Computer Specs
Member with 4,175 posts.

23-Aug-2007, 02:00 PM #6
The whole not being able to be deleted by the user will get me. The automatically pulling will get a little more in-depth then what I have shown you. You will need some code in there to pull in the user's name and such. Can someone else give him assistance as to how to accomplish this?

23-Aug-2007, 02:14 PM #7
Thanks. My client really wants to make sure all the signatures are uniform from each user. I told him to just issue a mandate, but he thinks they won't adhere to it. Hopefully someone else will have a suggestion.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!