Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Business Applications Business Applications
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

How do I turn off cursor hover notes in Word 2003?

(!)

Junior Member with 2 posts.

29-Sep-2007, 10:13 AM #1
How do I turn off cursor hover notes in Word 2003?
When I use the track changes feature in Word, whenever I hover the mouse over a change I get a pop-up window that states who made the change, when, and what was changed. This information also shows up as either strike-through or inserted text or as balloons in the margin, depending on what I have turned on. Since I already have the balloons in the margin, I would like to turn off the window that pops up when the cursor hovers over these changes since it blocks the rest of the text. Any idea how to do this?

Thanks!

Kevin

Last edited by kmeehan00; 29-Sep-2007 at 10:16 AM.. Reason: Clarify Title
Computer Specs
Member with 21,189 posts.

Experience: Disenfranchised American
29-Sep-2007, 11:35 AM #2
Tools > Options > Track Changes and disable balloon tips.
Junior Member with 2 posts.

29-Sep-2007, 08:02 PM #3
Suggestion didn't work -- tips disabled
I can't find anything called "balloon tips" under track changes and only have options to turn them on, off, or use them in limited fashion. In each of these cases, the "balloons" are what show up in the right margin when I track changes. If you were referring to actual "tips" that show up as balloons under the office assistant, I do have those off. The little yellow pop-up windows I'm trying to disable are ones that show information about the change -- I'd like to disable them while still seeing the balloons in the right margin.

Thanks for the help.
Computer Specs
Member with 4,175 posts.

Experience: Computer Illiterate
01-Oct-2007, 11:14 AM #4
First welcome to the forum.

You can change how Word tracks changes via "Tools">>"Options">>"Track Changes" tab from the menu bar. I have not seen a way to disable the tool tips that pop up that tell you who has changed the item as well as the date and time of the change. I also do not see in here an option where you can tell all of the comments to go into the margin as balloons.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!