Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Business Applications Business Applications
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Outlook 2003 sent mails problem

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Advanced
06-Nov-2007, 01:23 AM #1
Outlook 2003 sent mails problem
I have outlook 2003 installed on my Toshiba Tecra. I had used my pop3 site for sending few mails rather than using outlook and wanted to get them back to the outlook sent items folder. I logged on to my pop3 site and moved the mails from the sent folder to the Inbox of my pop3 site. I had also created a rule in my outlook to send mails coming from my own e-mail address to the sent folder of my Outlook. Few days back when I did this exercise, all mails that came from my pop3 account were automatically arranged according to the date and time they were sent. I did the same yesterday and it was arranged automatically. After that I went to View->Arrange By->Current View->Unread messages. I could see all the new messages that have arrived from the sent items of my pop3 account. But when I tried to revert back, they were located all together in the sent items. Moreover, in the reading pane it is not displaying the sent date and time. Please help.
Senior Member with 137 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
06-Nov-2007, 09:03 AM #2
Check this setting to view sent date:
Hide the message header
On the View menu, point to Arrange By, and then click Custom.
Click Other Settings.
Under Reading Pane, select the Hide header information check box.
Note To show message headers, clear the Hide header information check box.

I'm not sure I fully understand you problem regarding the pop3 account.
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 345 posts.

06-Nov-2007, 06:07 PM #3
The description of your problem looks a bit complicated. I tried to break it down to better understand what you mean. I'm assuming you are talking about one account, you access either from the site or from outlook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrendrapandey
I had used my pop3 site for sending few mails rather than using outlook and wanted to get them back to the outlook sent items folder. I logged on to my pop3 site and moved the mails from the sent folder to the Inbox of my pop3 site.
You mean move them to the inbox and then resend them? Why would you do that? if you open outlook it should automatically synchronize and all what is in the (sent items) in the site should appear in the (sent items) in outlook. right?

Quote:
I had also created a rule in my outlook to send mails coming from my own e-mail address to the sent folder of my Outlook.
So you're sending emails from yourself to yourself, correct?

Quote:
After that I went to View->Arrange By->Current View->Unread messages. I could see all the new messages that have arrived from the sent items of my pop3 account. But when I tried to revert back, they were located all together in the sent items. Moreover, in the reading pane it is not displaying the sent date and time.
- What do you mean by (when I revert back)?
- They should be in the sent items right? that's the rule you set.
- Which date and time? for the original send or for the send that you sent to yourself?

Excuse me if i got it all wrong
Computer Specs

12-Nov-2007, 12:30 AM #4
Outlook sent items problem
Please find attached a screenshot of the sent items of my outlook. You can see a series of mails whose date is shown as 11/5. These mails have been sent using my pop3 mail website (owain.niit.com) on different dates. In order to get them to the sent items of my outlook, I has moved them from the sent items of my pop3 mail website to the inbox of my pop3 mail website. When i opened outlook, these mails started coming to the inbox of my outlook on 5th Nov. Then I created a rule so that the mails that have come from my pop3 mail website are moved to the sent items of the Outlook. These mails were initially arranged in the right order with respect to the actual sent date and time in the sent items of the outlook after running the rule. Thereafter, I changed the view (View->Arrange Icons By-> Current View-> Unread messages) to see only the unread messages in the sent items of my outlook. I could see the new mails that have come to the sent items. I changed the view again (View->Arrange Icons By-> Current View-> Messages). But now I can see all the messages that have newly come to my sent items one after the other (i.e. they are arranged in the sent items folder by the date and time on which they wre received in the outlook rather than by the date and time on which they were send using the pop3 mail website. I hope now I am giving a clearer picture of the problem I am facing.
Computer Specs

12-Nov-2007, 12:35 AM #5
Please find attached a screenshot of the sent items of my outlook. You can see a series of mails whose date is shown as 11/5. These mails have been sent using my pop3 mail website (owain.niit.com) on different dates. In order to get them to the sent items of my outlook, I has moved them from the sent items of my pop3 mail website to the inbox of my pop3 mail website. When i opened outlook, these mails started coming to the inbox of my outlook on 5th Nov. Then I created a rule so that the mails that have come from my pop3 mail website are moved to the sent items of the Outlook. These mails were initially arranged in the right order with respect to the actual sent date and time in the sent items of the outlook after running the rule. Thereafter, I changed the view (View->Arrange Icons By-> Current View-> Unread messages) to see only the unread messages in the sent items of my outlook. I could see the new mails that have come to the sent items. I changed the view again (View->Arrange Icons By-> Current View-> Messages). But now I can see all the messages that have newly come to my sent items one after the other (i.e. they are arranged in the sent items folder by the date and time on which they wre received in the outlook rather than by the date and time on which they were send using the pop3 mail website. I hope now I am giving a clearer picture of the problem I am facing.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Outlook sent items screen shot.zip (182.6 KB, 77 views)
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!