Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Business Applications Business Applications
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Resize a PDF page in Adobe Acrobat

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 85 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
12-Feb-2008, 04:45 AM #1
Resize a PDF page in Adobe Acrobat
Is there an easy way to resize the page size of PDF documents in Adobe Acrobat? I need to resize all the pages in a document to A4 size.
Member with 215 posts.

Experience: Advanced
12-Feb-2008, 10:29 AM #2
Goto file-->print setup-->and select your paper size under the "size:" section

Then go file-->print and set "Page scaling" to "Fit to printer margins"

Should be good then, other than that i don't know.
Member with 2,309 posts.

Experience: Advanced
12-Feb-2008, 08:17 PM #3
A document in PDF format is a finalize format. You can't change the size of that document without editing something, and Acrobat Reader is not an editor.

You mentioned "Adobe Acrobat" and "Adobe Acrobat" is an editor, but I would guess that is NOT what you have. Adobe Acrobat is an expensive (definitely NOT FREE) PDF file creation tool. Adobe Acrobat can edit a PDF file. You probably have Adobe Acrobat Reader, that is free. (Please correct me if I am wrong.)

HOWEVER, Acrobat Reader does permit you to adjust the printout of the file to your paper size. That means you can make selections to scale the output to selected areas of the page to your paper, or to print multiple pages on a single side of paper, or some other selections. You can even change the output from portrait to landscape, or vice versa.

Using the Reader, whatever output printing size you select does not change the actual PDF documents.

Last edited by ChuckE; 12-Feb-2008 at 08:22 PM..
Computer Specs
Member with 85 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
13-Feb-2008, 04:32 AM #4
I do actually have access to Adobe Acrobat the full editor version of the software, but couldn't for the life of me find a way to change the page size.

Will try what gdi1942 has suggested.

Thanks.
Email This Email  Print This Print  Add to Favorites Favorites  Tweet This Send to Facebook Send to MySpace Send to StumbleUpon Digg This | More Services More
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!