Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Business Applications Business Applications
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Excel 2007 - tabs on spreadsheets & transfer of data

(!)

Member with 100 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
01-Mar-2008, 03:57 PM #1
Talking Excel 2007 - tabs on spreadsheets & transfer of data
Hi,
I do have a couple of questions and I'm just stuck since I do not know what to do.

1. How do I get tabs to be shown on spreadsheets, so you can switch between them by hitting the tab key?

2. How can I automatically tranfer information from one spreadsheet to another?

Hope someone can help me out.

Thanks in advance,
wizzle2003
Computer Specs
Member with 5,434 posts.

Experience: I'ma learnin'!
02-Mar-2008, 02:21 PM #2
Hi there,

By "tabs" do you mean worksheets? They show by default, but if you click on the Office Button (top left round office icon) then click on Excel Options, then click Advanced on the left, scroll down until you see the heading Display Options for This workbook, you can toggle (check/uncheck) Show Sheet Tabs.

As for your second request, it is very loosely formed and we are not able to give you an answer as it's not specific enough. You'll have to tell us what you're looking at doing, giving specifics about where your data is located and where you want it to go, also explaining the process you would like to achieve (more or less just describe the process you want to achieve, not how you think you want to achieve it).
Senior Member with 743 posts.

04-Mar-2008, 07:48 PM #3
Quote:
How do I get tabs to be shown on spreadsheets,
the MAN OF FIRE had this covered

Quote:
can switch between them by hitting the tab key?
No!

You might, however, enjoy the luxury of switching worksheets by using CTRL PAGE UP to go left up the tree and CTRL PAGE DOWN to go to the right

Quote:
How can I automatically tranfer information from one spreadsheet to another?
Well... like FIRESIGN said, you're not big on clarity.

If you want to toggle between open spreadsheets, you might considere ALT W . That will bring up the open files within a program such as WORD or EXCEL. To speed along you will see - lets say 3 - spreadsheets open. ALT W 2 will take you to the second. ALT W 1 back to the first. Get the picture?

Of course this only takes you there and doesn't TRANSFER DATA. You have to do it along the way. If it is a standard and perhaps repetitive transfer you need to be more specific in order for us to determine the code needed.

- Castleheart
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!