Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Business Applications Business Applications
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Microsoft Office -Word 2007 not responding -Vista

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 9 posts.

Experience: beginner
12-Aug-2008, 12:16 AM #1
Question Microsoft Office -Word 2007 not responding -Vista
Following is information on my laptop: Intel (R) CPU T225 @ 1.73 GHZ; memory 1015 mb; 3000 N100; System type X86-based PC Version 6.0.6001; Vista; Microsoft Office 2007

Problem: Microsoft word upon closing gives the following message: Word not responding. The program will not close and I have to usee control-alt-delete to get task manager and then end the program that way. This started happening sometime in June, it worked fine prior to that.

Also most recent problem: Just yesterday I had a problem with Internet Explorer not allowing me access to normal websites I go to, including this one. Part of this happened after I ran diagonistics to check for problems. I was told in the results there were fixes for some problems and to continue, which I did, but the website would not open; received a code of 403 (I think that was it) which says, I am not authorized to view results.

Anyway, I am sorry this is so long, but I really need word to work correctly because my online college classes are coming up soon.
Thanks for any help.
Veronica
Computer Specs
Member with 6,922 posts.

19-Aug-2008, 03:28 AM #2
If IE doesn't work, try using Opera or something else.. Report some results..
Programs "not responding" when trying to close, and Vista trying to revive the closed program seem to be a far-spread problem.. Oh, how I hate Vista for the trouble it causes. Think there should be a setting to stop Vista from "helping" you like that(for the sake of humanity). Just bet there's not.
Computer Specs

19-Aug-2008, 03:33 AM #3
Thank you for responding. I have the IE problem now solved. It had to do with my Alltel phone. I use my phone for my Internet connection and once I removed the battery and put it back in, it reset. This solved my Internet problem. Still have the word 2207 problem.
Veronica
Computer Specs
Member with 1,898 posts.

Experience: Advanced
19-Aug-2008, 01:40 PM #4
Apparently, Word 2007 isn't completely compatible with Vista.

I solved it by finding winword.exe in the Office 12 folder and changing its compatibility to "Run this program as an administrator." Hadn't had a problem since.

Courtney
Computer Specs
Member with 6,922 posts.

19-Aug-2008, 05:44 PM #5
Funny that running as an administrator many problems. Even when using an adminstrator account.
Computer Specs

19-Aug-2008, 10:15 PM #6
I did what you said but I am still experiencing the same problem. It still gives me the message "word is not responding" and it freezes up and will not close. Did you reboot after you made the changes to WINWORD. I didn't reboot, but tried it after the change was made and no luck.....
Veronica
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!