Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Business Applications Business Applications
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

hide sound icon during show

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 1,370 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
21-Aug-2008, 12:02 AM #1
hide sound icon during show
Well, this should be an easy one....I can't figure out how to hide the sound icon. I have music playing during certain slides. The "hide icon" doesn't appear on the "Edito sound object" menu....where is it?
Computer Specs
Member with 258 posts.

Experience: Advanced
21-Aug-2008, 03:37 AM #2
It would be fairly easy if you mentioned the version of PowerPoint!

The option you describe is only in version 2003

2007 it's on the ribbon

2002 In the custom animation pane double click the sound entry and in "sound settings" tick "Hide sound icon during show" (This also works in 2003)

2000 Slide Show > Custom Animation and tick appropriate box.

Alternatively drag the icon off slide

Hope that helps

John
Computer Specs
Member with 1,370 posts.

20-Sep-2008, 02:48 PM #3
there is no such setting!
Thanks for the responses.

I have PP 2002, and there is NO "hide sound icon during show" setting at all in the custom animation or sound options or effect options. There is "Hide while not playing." There is no option at all for hiding it. That's why I'm asking about it; because I know that there must be some simple way. Just don't know where it is...
Computer Specs
Member with 1,370 posts.

20-Sep-2008, 11:12 PM #4
thanks for your input, but unfortunately it doesn't help at all....it's where i''ve been since the beginning. Maybe I'm dense, but I DON'T UNDERSTAND what "hide when not playing" means! The whole point is that it IS playing! WHAT is "not playing?"

I don't want the icon there whether it's playing or not playing; I want it not there....please, somebody explain to me 1) what "hide when not playing" means, and 2) how I can not have the icon there AT ALL.
Computer Specs
Member with 7,837 posts.

Experience: Currently stupid...
21-Sep-2008, 05:05 AM #5
Unfortunately, the icon appears as a feature so you can control the sound during a presentation, so I don't think you can insert a music file and not have the icon.
There might be an alternative way of playing music (using VBA perhaps to start another program to play the music and make PP stay in the foreground), but that would take a good PP coder.
In the meantime, here are two things to check out:
http://skp.mvps.org/mspan.htm (I don't know what this does - the details are sparse, but it might be worth checking out)
and
http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/Pause_Music.html (about making the player more discreet....)
Computer Specs
Member with 4,175 posts.

Experience: Computer Illiterate
22-Sep-2008, 08:25 AM #6
I am with John on this one. I just drag the icon to the gray area outside of the slide.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!