Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Business Applications Business Applications
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Access report - graph keeps repeating

(!)

Junior Member with 6 posts.

25-Aug-2008, 06:54 AM #1
Question Solved: Access report - graph keeps repeating
I placed an unbound object frame on my report to link a graph i made in excel onto my access report.

i placed the unbound object on the detail section, right below the tabular fields that are on my report.

i was hoping to display a graph below my table in order to for the client to have a visual representation of the data in the table.

but instead, when i click on the report view. My graph is repeated after each row of my table.how do i avoid that and display a full table with a graph underneath it?

pls. help.

thank you
Computer Specs
Member with 7,837 posts.

Experience: Currently stupid...
25-Aug-2008, 09:39 AM #2
Can you post a zipped copy of your db with dummy data? No need to also upload the Excel file - just need to see the layout of your report.
OBP OBP is offline OBP is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 18,610 posts.

25-Aug-2008, 02:53 PM #3
You need to put the Graph in the Form's Page or Group Footer.
Computer Specs
Member with 4,175 posts.

Experience: Computer Illiterate
25-Aug-2008, 03:03 PM #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBP View Post
You need to put the Graph in the Form's Page or Group Footer.

Actually I usually put them in the Report Footer so it is at the end of the report and not at the end of each group or page.

26-Aug-2008, 03:05 AM #5
i dont have winzip on this computer though, so for the meantime i tried placing it on the page footer. and it looks good for now since its only a single page report.thanks guys! although my whole access project for my office is still not complete. looking forward to posting up more questions. pls bear with me!
Computer Specs
Member with 4,175 posts.

Experience: Computer Illiterate
26-Aug-2008, 07:59 AM #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutiemae08 View Post
i dont have winzip on this computer though, so for the meantime i tried placing it on the page footer. and it looks good for now since its only a single page report.thanks guys! although my whole access project for my office is still not complete. looking forward to posting up more questions. pls bear with me!

Be aware that when that report becomes 2 pages that that graph will be on both pages.
Computer Specs
Member with 7,837 posts.

Experience: Currently stupid...
26-Aug-2008, 09:21 AM #7
cutiemae, if you have XP, you have the ability to zip files built in - you don't need winzip

26-Aug-2008, 10:31 AM #8
X) woops.. that was embarrassing! Ok…here’s a zipped sample of my db. The first trial table shows my initial problem. And the first trial table(footer) is what happened when I placed it on the page footer. The only problem is that when I have a smaller graph it goes way down to the footer section which is too far from my table, and it doesn’t look presentable.

...also in the attachment instead of linking an unbound object I just copied and pasted the graph as a link to save time.

thanks again for all your help...
Attached Files
File Type: zip First trial Table.zip (200.9 KB, 39 views)
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
graph, repeats, rows

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!