Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Business Applications Business Applications
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook 2007

(!)

Junior Member with 2 posts.

25-Feb-2009, 04:34 PM #1
Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
I recently removed admin rights from our end user computers (XP Pro-32bit). Everything works great using the "run as" option, except for Outlook 2007. That option doesn't seem to be available for Outlook. Whenever a user launches, they receive an error message stating "Cannot Start Microsoft Office Outlook." The only way to get Outlook to launch is to return local admin rights. All other Office products work.
We are using an Exchange server, though it is in another office, and I do not have access to it. The end users have full control access to C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\Application Data\Microsoft\Office and C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook. I also granted them access to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office.
Is there anything else I need to give them access to? Any other ideas? I completed the installation of the software with admin rights, and am only now taking them away. I thought maybe there was an Active Directory issue here (since I inherited our current PDC and the associated AD accounts), but it's happening on all new users too.
Can't find anything helpful about this on Google...
Thanks!
Computer Specs
Member with 3,723 posts.

Experience: Advanced in Networking
25-Feb-2009, 05:04 PM #2
Have you tried creating another profile in Outlook?
Junior Member with 2 posts.

25-Feb-2009, 05:24 PM #3
Yup. I even changed the security settings from "Negotiate Authentication" to "Password Authentication (NTLM)" (as referenced in another forum I found. Still no dice...

Thanks though!
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
admin rights, exchange server, office 2007, outlook

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!