Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Business Applications Business Applications
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

how to disable one note

(!)

Junior Member with 24 posts.

26-Dec-2009, 12:31 PM #1
how to disable one note
microsoft one note has started appearing voluntarily whenever i try to print something. i want it olff but since i don't know how it got turned on, i am at a loss. how do i get this out of here?
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

26-Dec-2009, 06:10 PM #2
What operating system? Basically, you need to change the installed options in Office. In Windows XP, you'd go to Add/Remove Programs, select Microsoft Office, and click the Change button. Then follow the screens to de-select One Note. In Windows 7, go to the Control Panel, and click Uninstall under Programs, right-click Microsoft Office, and select Change.
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 21 posts.

Experience: Advanced
26-Dec-2009, 06:15 PM #3
In addition to the above suggestion (which is correct), you can also disable the OneNote printer by doing the following:

Windows XP and older:
Go to Start, then Control Panel, and click on Printers and Faxes. If you have any other printer on that window, right-click one and select Set as Default Printer. When you print new documents, you should no longer see that as the first option.

Windows 7:
Go to the Printers and Faxes window by searching for it in the Start Menu. You can also go to the Control Panel by clicking on the Start Menu and selecting the Printers and Faxes window there. Afterwards, follow the same instructions as above to set another printer as the default.

Hope this helps,
Carlos

26-Dec-2009, 07:49 PM #4
i went to control panel and deleted one note altogether. we'll see if that works.

i tried the previous suggestion and using 'change' went into office. but i don't see any command that would allow me to delete or disable one note. i have windows xp, btw.

i'm going to reboot, then try to print something and see if one note stays away.

26-Dec-2009, 08:22 PM #5
bingo! looks like it's gone. thanks so much for your help.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!