Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Recovering a WordPad document?

(!)

Junior Member with 1 posts.

05-Jun-2010, 09:21 PM #1
Recovering a WordPad document?
Hello. Just recently, after running multiple things on my old laptop, it froze. It is still frozen, I haven't rebooted it. Thing is, I had an unsaved WordPad document open, and I want to recover it.

Is there any way I can get it back? Anyway to unfreeze the computer? If I rebooted it, would I still be able to get the document? I didn't once save it throughout making it.

Thanks very much. I appreciate any help.

EDIT: Upon it freezing, I have tried pressing CTRL+ALT+DELETE in an attempt to unfreeze it. Nothing has happened yet.
Keebellah   (Hans) Keebellah is offline Keebellah is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. Keebellah has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 5,246 posts.

Experience: Advanced
07-Jun-2010, 03:30 AM #2
I don't think that Wordpad keeps a backup copy of a document while writing it.
If it's an exsiting document you were editting you should be able to recover the original one.
I imagine (since you mention old laptop) that it is not Windows 7 and I don't know if earlier versions allow you to recover a previous version like Windows 7 does.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
wordpad recover unsaved

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!