Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Business Applications Business Applications
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Access 2000 Check Box back color change

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 4 posts.

Experience: Beginner
12-Jul-2010, 01:05 PM #1
Lightbulb Access 2000 Check Box back color change
I am using Access 2000 running in Windows XP. I have a database using continuous forms. Each record contains a Check Box that will be either blank or contain a check. If the Check Box is blank it means that this record is not available for use as this time. A check means that it is available. How do I change the BackColor for the blank check box to grey? And if it is grey and I put a check in the box, how do I change the BackColor to white?
OBP OBP is offline OBP is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 18,440 posts.

12-Jul-2010, 01:53 PM #2
Injunrod, welcome to the Forum.
Well a Check box is one of the few Form Controls that does not have a back colour.

How do you decide when a Record is "Not available"?

You can use the Enabled Property to "grey out" the Check box and it's label, however it means that you can no longer simply click it to change it.
Computer Specs

13-Jul-2010, 06:14 AM #3
Lightbulb Access 2000 Check Box back color change
I work for a mail order company. We keep all of the cartons (boxes and bags) in an Access 2000 database. If we have stock for a certain box the Check Box contains a check mark. When we do not have enough stock for a days work or are out of that perticular box the user removes the check mark and leaves the Check Box with a blank. I want to make the screen easier for the users to read by grey shading the records that we do not have stock for (those records are unavailable for use until we receive more stock). I was hoping that there was some way to visable flag (other than by a blank in the check box box) the unavailable records. So I thought about greying out the record. But I could not find any way to do so. When the user removes the check mark I want to grey shade the record. When they check the box I want to turn the record back to white. It sounds so simple.

Thanks
Injunrod
Computer Specs

13-Jul-2010, 06:28 AM #4
Has the Form got any room left for a Message?
Computer Specs

13-Jul-2010, 06:41 AM #5
No.
Computer Specs

13-Jul-2010, 06:53 AM #6
Well there is a way to change the background colour of the "Current Record", but it does not show up on any of the other records like you could do in Excel.
One set of Instructions for doing this are here http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0047.htm

However you could replace one or more fields with a Message if you want the Records to stand out and have the message disappear when you enter it to enter data.

Or you could have a seperate Form open showing only the Low Stock Items.
Computer Specs

13-Jul-2010, 06:55 AM #7
Can I suggest that you also have a "Re-order" level in the database that warns you when stock is getting low.
Computer Specs

13-Jul-2010, 07:02 AM #8
Thanks. I will study this code and try to put it in my application.

Injunrod.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!