Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Business Applications Business Applications
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Outlook 2010 font in New e-mails and Replies are as small as a pin head

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 3 posts.

25-Aug-2010, 11:59 AM #1
Solved: Outlook 2010 font in New e-mails and Replies are as small as a pin head
I just started using Outlook 2010 (using Windows XP on my Acer Notebook) and it worked fine for a few days but then, as I was typing a reply to an e-mail, the letters got as small as a pin head. Both the original e-mail font and my reply are so small I can barely see them. My original e-mails were working fine until a couple days later and they started doing the same thing. The letters are the size of a period. I have read other questions and answers regarding this issue so I went into Format Text, as they said to do, but I can not find a way to enlarge the text to 100%. I can change the font and size in the box in my replies and new e-mails but as soon as I do and go back to typing my e-mail the font and font size boxes go blank and the letters are extremely small. If this helps, Outlook works fine on my Dell computer. I am a computer illiterate so this may be an easy fix (I hope so) but I haven't been able to find the fix. Thank you so much for this service. It is a blessing for those of us who have no where else to turn with problems!
Computer Specs

30-Aug-2010, 05:54 PM #2
Bump
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 10,619 posts.

Experience: Beginner
30-Aug-2010, 08:47 PM #3
Can you post a screen shot so we can see what you are getting?
Member with 328 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
31-Aug-2010, 01:54 AM #4
Not familiar with Outlook but perhaps View/Zoom might assist , if that function is available.

Pedro
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 10,619 posts.

Experience: Beginner
31-Aug-2010, 10:35 AM #5
Try holding the Control key and scrolling the wheel on the mouse. This will increase or decrease the viewing scal.
Junior Member with 1 posts.

01-Sep-2010, 05:17 PM #6
can you take a look at this link and tell me if you have come across this issue. basically random emails are having certain lines of text increase in font size....

http://www.microsoftoffice2010forums...-size-changing
Computer Specs

01-Sep-2010, 11:20 PM #7
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!! DaveA's suggestion of holding down the Control key and scrolling the wheel on the mouse worked. I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate everyone's help. I am thrilled to be able to use my e-mail again. Thank you again. This is a wonderful web site, especially for people like me who know very little about computers.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!