Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Business Applications Business Applications
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

ACCESS 2010: How do I create a user-defined search form?

(!)

Junior Member with 4 posts.

09-Nov-2010, 09:51 PM #1
Question ACCESS 2010: How do I create a user-defined search form?
Hi! I am in the process of building a database for my business. I have built the datatables and I have built the forms for the users to enter the data. Now I need to create a form (preferably like my data-entry one) where a user can enter the last name or account number of who they are looking for and only that specific person's account comes up. I know my way around Access but I am unfamiliar with VB. and coding. If someone has a better idea of what I could do I am open to suggestions. I just need to have a way of users searching for a specific account by name or number. Thanks to anyone to can help!
OBP OBP is offline OBP is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 18,619 posts.

10-Nov-2010, 07:51 AM #2
Well you could use a separate search form, but what would be really usefull is to add 2 "Find Combo's" to your current data entry form, they will list all the names and accounts for the user to choose from and go straight to the record.
They are a very efficient way of finding data.
If you want a Search form I posted one on this thread.
http://forums.techguy.org/business-a...t-records.html
Junior Member with 4 posts.

10-Nov-2010, 11:47 AM #3
Thank you OBP for your help!
My only problem is I don't want to choose from a list. I am looking to be able to type in a first and last name & DOB or account number and have only the matching account pop up.
OBP OBP is offline OBP is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 18,619 posts.

10-Nov-2010, 12:43 PM #4
The problem with typing things in is typing errors not getting you what you want, it may be typed wrong on input or typed wrong in the serach fields, which is why I always recommend Find Combos first.
Take a look at the Thread that I posted in post#2, it uses a Search form.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
access 2010, search form

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!