Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Business Applications Business Applications
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Access/Graph 2003 No min/max scale options for axis

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
10-Nov-2010, 02:53 PM #1
Access/Graph 2003 No min/max scale options for axis
Over the years I've built several graphs with Office 2003. It is standard procedure for me to define my axis scales instead of using the default auto-scale options. However, the graph I made today in Access2003 offers no options for defining the scale. When I view the Format X Axis Scale dialog all it says is: "Value (Y) axis crosses at category number... Number of categories between tick-mark labels... Number of categories between tick marks... " followed by these three options 1. Value (Y) axis crosses between categories 2. Categories in reverse order and 3. Value (Y) axis crosses at maximum category. However, when I view the Format Y Axis Scale dialog it provides me the standard options for Min Max Major Minor and all that. I guess it just doesn't like my Y axis data, but I don't see a logical problem with my Y axis data. The x-axis measures quantity sold and the Y axis measures time - it's that basic. My three input fields are Item code, date of sale, quantity sold where "item code" is merely the link to the main form telling Access which product I wish to view the graph of. I've already sunk about 3 hours into this one single issue. What hair I don't pull out will fall out on it's own in the near future.
OBP OBP is offline OBP is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 18,564 posts.

11-Nov-2010, 05:53 AM #2
Travis28, welcome to the Forum.
Unfortunately the Access version of MS Graph is very poor. The Date Scale does not seem to offer the Min Max and would appear to be automatically controlled by the data shown in the Grid.
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
11-Nov-2010, 10:18 AM #3
Red face Date conversion attempt failed
OBP, thanks for taking an interest in my plight. I created a new field in my source table called "MockDate". I set the property of this field to NUMBER and copied all the date info into it. I re-created the chart using the all the same data except using the MockDate instead of the date formatted field - it still won't work. I even tried it again using letters of the alphabet to represent my 26 ordering dates - no go. In all three cases the bar graph represents the information in the exact same way, but gives no options for fixed scale.
OBP OBP is offline OBP is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 18,564 posts.

11-Nov-2010, 10:31 AM #4
You could embed an Excel one.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
access 2003, axis, chart scale, graph

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!