Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Business Applications Business Applications
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Microsoft Office 2010 can't verify the license

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Beginner
24-Jan-2011, 06:55 AM #1
Microsoft Office 2010 can't verify the license
I have been using Microsoft 2010 Home and Student for 3 mos. now. We bought the original but since my PC doesn't have a DVD drive, I downloaded it from the site indicated in the guide. Today, when I open the programs it displays this message: "Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010 cannot verify the license for this product. You should repair the Office program by using Control Panel."

What could have been the problem? Should I install it again?
Member with 2,536 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
25-Jan-2011, 08:58 AM #2
The downloaded version you installed is probably just a 3-month trial.
You need to install a CD-drive or DVD-drive in your computer & install Office 2010 from the CD you bought (remove the trial version first).
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 11,272 posts.

Experience: Advanced
25-Jan-2011, 12:54 PM #3
If you used the site that is on the side of the box, then you should not have gotten a 3 month trial copy.
I would call Microsoft and let them handle it.
Computer Specs
Member with 1,897 posts.

Experience: Advanced
25-Jan-2011, 12:56 PM #4
If you downloaded the product from the information that came with the DVD, you should be able to use the activation key that came with the DVD to activate the program. You have two option: (1) Copy the contents from the DVD to a USB Thumb drive or an external hard drive and do a fresh install of Office (uninstall the version you have first), or (2) contact Microsoft. The assistance they provide will be free, however you on year of free assistance for ALL of your Microsoft products begins the moment they get your name.
Moderator with 63,690 posts.

18-Oct-2011, 07:12 AM #5
re-opened. You will need to contact MS about that issue, it sounds like. Please post what is currently occurring with the system.

thanks,

v
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!