Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Trouble Pasting Within Merged Cells

(!)

Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
15-Mar-2011, 12:56 PM #1
Trouble Pasting Within Merged Cells
Hello-

Hopefully someone on here can help me, this site seems like a great resource.

1) I have a worksheet with a bunch of merged cells, 1x5. The rows are all the same 1x5 all the way down. When I copy and paste into a fresh row (no previous text), everything works fine. When I copy and paste into a row that already has text, the cells un-merge. If I paste special with values, it works, but I'd rather just copy paste. Additionally, re-merging is not possible since I would like to lock the cells. Any thoughts on how to format these properly?

2) Also, because these 1x5 cells are protected, I cannot change styles (bold, underline, etc.). I would like to keep them locked to reduce other formatting in the worksheet, do I need VB for this or can I edit those cells to allow for bold text?

3) Lastly, I have a locked column between two protected columns. I would like to quickly copy and paste the entire row, but it will not let me do this. Any thoughts on that?

Please let me know if you need more information.

Much obliged to anyone who can give me advice!

Thanks!!!
Keebellah   (Hans) Keebellah is offline Keebellah is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. Keebellah has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 5,298 posts.

Experience: Advanced
16-Mar-2011, 07:03 AM #2
The problem is that the copy and paste ranges are different (I think), this could be one of the reasons it doesn't work
It's difficult (for me at least) Without a sample to 'see the whole picture'.

Last edited by Keebellah; 16-Mar-2011 at 07:03 AM.. Reason: Type-O
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
excel, locked, merge, protected

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!