Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Civilized Debate Civilized Debate
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > > >

So what happens next Wednesday?

(!)

Member with 7,809 posts.

26-Oct-2004, 12:36 PM #1
So what happens next Wednesday?
After all is said and done what then is to become of Civilized Debate?
Personally I don't expect there to be a named president next Wednesday. Just waiting for all the litigation.
Member with 1,908 posts.

Experience: Tech-Addict
26-Oct-2004, 12:39 PM #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by deh
After all is said and done what then is to become of Civilized Debate?
Personally I don't expect there to be a named president next Wednesday. Just waiting for all the litigation.
Nader Wins!

50% of Civilized Debate has heart attacks.

Alex
Member with 5,402 posts.

26-Oct-2004, 12:41 PM #3
Nothing will change Deh. The demodorks will continue to whine about how lousy Bush is, and the Republicans will be too hung over to respond.
Wino has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Member with 18,597 posts.

Experience: Advanced
26-Oct-2004, 12:42 PM #4
Lots of right-wing crocodile tears and moths flying out of Mulders wallet as he pays off his bets to TSG!
Member with 22,807 posts.

26-Oct-2004, 12:42 PM #5
I think that it will be a bit quieter. I doubt we have a winner by Wednesday and the air will be full of disinformation.
Member with 27,087 posts.

Experience: The Alpha and Omega
26-Oct-2004, 12:43 PM #6
lol well, I'm waiting to watch this (probably won't, but the title is funny )

Quote:
This Just In: The Daily Show Goes Live Nov. 2 on CTV and The Comedy Network With Election Night 2004: Prelude to a Recount
One-hour primetime special delivers slow-breaking election results

Toronto, Ontario (October 14, 2004) - Truth. Trust. Objectivity. Expect none of that when CTV and The Comedy Network present live results from the U.S. election in The Daily Show with Jon Stewart Presents Election Night 2004: Prelude to a Recount. The expanded one-hour, primetime special will be simulcast live across the country on The Comedy Network and CTV on Tuesday, Nov. 2 at 10 p.m. ET (7 p.m. PT). In addition to its live broadcast, the special will immediately repeat at 11 p.m. ET/PT on The Comedy Network.

The Daily Show with Jon Stewart Presents Election Night 2004: Prelude to a Recount is a primetime news special unburdened by honesty, journalistic integrity or even accuracy. But at least they admit it.

Live from The Daily Show's news centre in New York, host Jon Stewart will helm The Daily Show's coverage of what promises to be another election horror show. The special will feature sporadically accurate and rarely fact-checked election results along with "up-to-the-hour" coverage from the The Daily Show's News Team, including correspondents Stephen Colbert, Rob Corddry, Ed Helms and Canada's own Samantha Bee. Special contributor Lewis Black will also report.

The Daily Show's last "Indecision 2004" special following the Bush-Kerry debate on Sept. 30 attracted 235,000 viewers on The Comedy Network alone, a 66 per cent increase compared to the series' average audience. In the United States, the special attracted a record 2.4 million viewers, the biggest audience in the eight-year history of the series.

Airing Monday - Thursday at 11 p.m. ET/PT on The Comedy Network and 12:05 a.m. ET on CTV, The Daily Show recently received two Emmy Awards for Outstanding Variety, Music or Comedy Series and Outstanding Writing for a Variety, Music or Comedy Program. This is the second year in a row that the series, which is enjoying a 25 per cent increase in viewers this year in the U.S., took home the best show Emmy and the third time (and second consecutive time) that the Peabody Award-winning news satire was recognized in the writing category.

The Daily Show Presents America (The Book): A Citizen's Guide to Democracy Inaction, the recently released 228-page parody of a high school history textbook by Jon Stewart and The Daily Show staff, entered the New York Times bestseller list last week at Number One. It remains at Number One on both the Times list as well as that of Amazon.com.

"Indecision 2004" marks the second presidential election covered by Stewart and his crack team of correspondents from The Daily Show. The series earned its stripes during the now-infamous 2000 election, receiving an Emmy Award and a prestigious George Foster Peabody Award for its year-long coverage of the race for the White House. Senator Bob Dole served as the series' Guest Political Commentator throughout that campaign.

CTV, Canada's largest private broadcaster, offers a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming. It boasts the number-one national newscast, CTV News With Lloyd Robertson, and is the number-one choice for prime-time viewing. CTV owns 21 conventional television stations across Canada and has interests in 14 specialty channels, including the number-one Canadian specialty channel, TSN. CTV is owned by Bell Globemedia, Canada's premier multi-media company. More information about CTV may be found on the company Web site at www.ctv.ca.
Member with 7,809 posts.

26-Oct-2004, 12:43 PM #7
I'm sticking by my prediction that next Wednesday we still won't have an official winner so CD will still be heated about the election.
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 2,905 posts.

Experience: Computer & Web Design
26-Oct-2004, 12:51 PM #8
How long did it take to sort out the Presidental election last time?
Member with 51,021 posts.

26-Oct-2004, 12:54 PM #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wino
Lots of right-wing crocodile tears and moths flying out of Mulders wallet as he pays off his bets to TSG!

26-Oct-2004, 12:59 PM #10
I think it took close to three weeks before the Supreme Court held the coronation.
Member with 17,182 posts.

Experience: Been there, done that, st
26-Oct-2004, 06:19 PM #11
My Prediction
Kerry wins handily. The polls aren't asking the right people the right questions. There is truly a groundswell of distaste for both candidates, however, Bush is found the more odious by the citizenry, thus the recent swell in the voter rolls.

The Republicans will be taken by surprise, as they actually believe their own rhetoric, and also believe there efforts to dissuade voters from voting, and disqualifying voters will be sufficient to insure 4 more years, they never actually thought people would pay attention and actually vote this time, but the distaste for Bush is so large that they can't overcome it. The Nation has spoken.

My Blog:http://eggplant43-aubergine.blogspot.com/
Member with 4,874 posts.

27-Oct-2004, 09:30 AM #12
[QUOTE=deh]After all is said and done what then is to become of Civilized Debate? [QUOTE]

..............hmmmm...Muldy goes back into hidin'............

27-Oct-2004, 09:51 AM #13
Well you can be sure that if Kerry wins, they will launch several multi-milion dollar investigations. Right wing hit teams will start researching his early days as a child in the carriage--probably accuse him of shoplifinting in 1949. Theresa will be demonized---everything from her sexual preferences to here relationship with her family will be fodder for the radical right.
Senior Member with 1,507 posts.

Experience: Advanced
27-Oct-2004, 10:31 AM #14
Well you can be sure that if Bush wins, they will launch several multi-milion dollar investigations. Left wing hit teams will start researching his early days as a child in the carriage--probably accuse him of shoplifinting in 1949. Laura will be demonized---everything from her sexual preferences to her relationship with her family will be fodder for the mainstream left and media.
Member with 190 posts.

Experience: Even if I don't know I know how to find out
27-Oct-2004, 10:38 AM #15
Next Wednesday
Wake up
Go to work
check out TSG
lunch
go home
take nap
start assassinating people...

in Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
In other words I don't feel that it will effect my life much.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!