Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Civilized Debate Civilized Debate
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > > >

Gap between rich and poor growing in the US

(!)

Computer Specs
Moderator - Gone but never forgotten with 47,973 posts.

Experience: Getting somewhere I hope
27-Mar-2006, 04:33 PM #736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibble
speaking of chest thumpers...xico and basset are back at it.
We thought we'd join you head bangers!
Gabriel has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Account Closed with 17,353 posts.

Experience: Can Follow Directions
27-Mar-2006, 04:42 PM #737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibble
speaking of chest thumpers...xico and basset are back at it.
All men are chest thumpers at some juncture in their life...that is one of the things that makes them men...they do need to be tempered by their tribe or herd though...head bangers, well they are harder nuts to crack (no pun, honest ).
Computer Specs

27-Mar-2006, 04:53 PM #738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel
All men are chest thumpers at some juncture in their life...that is one of the things that makes them men...they do need to be tempered by their tribe or herd though...head bangers, well they are harder nuts to crack (no pun, honest ).

LOL
Member with 8,713 posts.

28-Mar-2006, 09:33 AM #739
Just popped in to check on PMs and lurk around for a bit.

Nice to see that nothing changes. The same old Fascisti still beat the drum for the wealthy and meanwhile, employ their hackneyed cliches such as "Liberal BS", for anyone daring to debate with them.

Perhaps someone ought to check the S&P stats Inter alia, for the past two years and consider corporates buying back shares and dividend payouts, for these mythical profits of $100 mill.

But wait a tad! Why spoil a good serial cliche run by cold fact?
Absolutely ruins a good argument, don't you know.

Plus še change......................

And now, back to La belle France.
Account Disabled with 44,931 posts.

28-Mar-2006, 09:42 AM #740
Hi Paq

If you're still viewing, good to hear from you and hope things are going well
Member with 8,713 posts.

28-Mar-2006, 10:30 AM #741
Hi back, Stoner.

Yes, many thanks. Hope all going well with you and yours too.

Still struggling with the latest iteration of the new software. My brain hurts!

Lots of work still do to do in France on the house. We're getting there, slowly. Made some really nice friends locally with french people, who are really kind and helpful.

Meanwhile HI to everyone and hope all well.

See ya soon.

Paq
Member with 27,087 posts.

Experience: The Alpha and Omega
28-Mar-2006, 10:38 AM #742
Hiya Paq!
Member with 8,713 posts.

28-Mar-2006, 10:49 AM #743
Hi Gib.

How's things?

Paq

28-Mar-2006, 10:54 AM #744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paquadez
Hi Gib.

How's things?

Paq
Pretty good, keeping busy and trying to get in trouble What about yourself? You said you're donig stuff to the house...building? renovating?
Member with 8,713 posts.

28-Mar-2006, 11:19 AM #745
About three years ago, my wife and I bought what was originally a 200 years old farmhouse in Northern France. Excellent structurally, but needed modernising.

Since then we've spent as much time as possible over there working on the house and garden. This year it's tree pruning and lopping time! We have 30 mature trees!

Are you still working on your trucks? Or am I thinking of someone else? I seem to remember that you were restoring a really great utility.

Paq

28-Mar-2006, 11:20 AM #746
Quote:
About three years ago, my wife and I bought what was originally a 200 years old farmhouse in Northern France. Excellent structurally, but needed modernising.

Since then we've spent as much time as possible over there working on the house and garden. This year it's tree pruning and lopping time! We have 30 mature trees!

Are you still working on your trucks? Or am I thinking of someone else? I seem to remember that you were restoring a really great utility.

Paq
Sounds cool. Old houses are nice

Not working on the truck anymore, I got it finished up, didn't care for it, and sold it. I'm now working on a '63 Meteor. Should be driving this summer. Probably won't get painted this year though
Member with 8,713 posts.

28-Mar-2006, 11:26 AM #747
Hard work and takes mucho time to restore them properly. I have sold all mine, now, except an old Triumph Herald ragtop. Owned it now for (now that is really scary ): just worked out that it's Thirty Years!

Mainly finished, but I haven't had the time to look at it for years.....................still sits patiently up on chocks in the garage! One day.........

Old houses are the same!: (Still, the house in France sjhould be a tad quicker than the car!

See y'all soon: back to work now!
Paq
Computer Specs

28-Mar-2006, 11:34 AM #748
Hi Paq.

Yup the Right is still spouting Bushite, only they are getting more desperate!

28-Mar-2006, 11:42 AM #749
Quote:
Hard work and takes mucho time to restore them properly. I have sold all mine, now, except an old Triumph Herald ragtop. Owned it now for (now that is really scary ): just worked out that it's Thirty Years!

Mainly finished, but I haven't had the time to look at it for years.....................still sits patiently up on chocks in the garage! One day.........

Old houses are the same!: (Still, the house in France sjhould be a tad quicker than the car!

See y'all soon: back to work now!
Paq
It's so much easier to restore a house than a car...unless you're trying to restore the house to it's original glory and not modernize it. Of course, that goes the same with cars too...if you don't mind compromising on it's original form and modernizing, it's alot easier and cheaper (which I am doing on the Meteor ) And thankfully houses are a MUCH better investment than cars.

So...why si the car up on chocks? ...cars are made to be driven, I don't care if it's a classic, let the old girl stretch her legs once in a while!

Gibble: Now you know what it's like to be Canadian.
Member with 8,713 posts.

28-Mar-2006, 11:51 AM #750
Yes, I do agree, Gib, but in this case, we are trying to restore sympathetically, rather than cover up with drywalling and stuff like that. 200 year old Elm and Oak beams deserve to be seen, for example.

Far too many people come into this part of France and ruin the style.

With the car, simply haven't had the spare time! She will be finished one day. As I said, I sold my other classics some years ago.

Paq
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!