Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Civilized Debate Civilized Debate
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > > >

50% of High School Students Are Binge Drinkers

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 109,332 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
03-Jan-2007, 02:42 PM #46
To the teenagers.

You don't have to drink alchohol to have fun. Be a leader not a follower.
Member with 32,916 posts.

03-Jan-2007, 02:52 PM #47
Quote:
Originally Posted by poochee
To the teenagers.

To poochee.............. dont be so boring !!!

What makes you think that teens have to be lead to drink?? ....... Are you insinuation that they are unable to make their own decisions
Always remembered in our hearts with 82,163 posts.

Experience: Learning it all here!
03-Jan-2007, 02:55 PM #48
Hi Sis!

There are teens out there who are much more followers than leaders...and much easier to lead into going along with the crowd...peer pressure! I guess I'm boring too!
Computer Specs

03-Jan-2007, 02:58 PM #49
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonmist
To poochee.............. dont be so boring !!!

What makes you think that teens have to be lead to drink?? ....... Are you insinuation that they are unable to make their own decisions
You know what I mean.
Member with 32,916 posts.

03-Jan-2007, 03:00 PM #50
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelize56
Hi Sis!

There are teens out there who are much more followers than leaders...and much easier to lead into going along with the crowd...peer pressure! I guess I'm boring too!
Yes......... you are........

You both sound like you should be on a pulpit............LOL...... which...... will turn a teens ear deaf......... just in case you want to know
Member with 27,087 posts.

Experience: The Alpha and Omega
03-Jan-2007, 03:02 PM #51
Quote:
Originally Posted by poochee
To the teenagers.

Umm...since when is following the law and following your parents wishes being a leader?

I'm not saying you should go out and get drunk...but a few drinks isn't a big deal. Why the drinking age in the states is 21 not 18 is crazy. And why, in NA, is there such a taboo associated with alcohol? It's glamorized, then teens are told...they can't touch the stuff...

...gee...I wonder why they "binge" drink If you can only get out one day a week and have to be sneaky to have a drink, of course you are going to drink more per occasion.

...and for the record...I didn't drink as a teen...

Gibble: Now you know what it's like to be Canadian.
Always remembered in our hearts with 82,163 posts.

Experience: Learning it all here!
03-Jan-2007, 03:03 PM #52
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonmist
Yes......... you are........

You both sound like you should be on a pulpit............LOL...... which...... will turn a teens ear deaf......... just in case you want to know
Hey...I resent that! Being compared to poochee!

Computer Specs

03-Jan-2007, 03:04 PM #53
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelize56
Hey...I resent that! Being compared to poochee!

Be proud.
Member with 2,821 posts.

Experience: [Insert witty comment here]
03-Jan-2007, 04:21 PM #54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibble
Umm...since when is following the law and following your parents wishes being a leader?

I'm not saying you should go out and get drunk...but a few drinks isn't a big deal. Why the drinking age in the states is 21 not 18 is crazy. And why, in NA, is there such a taboo associated with alcohol? It's glamorized, then teens are told...they can't touch the stuff...

...gee...I wonder why they "binge" drink If you can only get out one day a week and have to be sneaky to have a drink, of course you are going to drink more per occasion.

...and for the record...I didn't drink as a teen...
Old enough to fight in the army, old enough to drink, I've always said.

Although there are allowances for 18+ on army bases, I suppose... still, it should be 18.
Computer Specs
Member with 413 posts.

Experience: Advanced
03-Jan-2007, 07:48 PM #55
Quote:
Why the drinking age in the states is 21 not 18 is crazy.
Plain and simple.................. drinking and driveing. Teens are known to drive really fast. But add that with some drinks and we got a problem.

I in fact like that the law is 21 years or older to buy alcohol. But since I do not drink any type of alcohol nor plan to buy any, I have nothing to worry about. I can apply that money to a ton of different stuff besides drinks. If some one went to a bar every day or even once a week for that matter that adds up after a while.

Just my opinion,

Bigk
Computer Specs

03-Jan-2007, 09:36 PM #56
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigk
Plain and simple.................. drinking and driveing. Teens are known to drive really fast. But add that with some drinks and we got a problem.

I in fact like that the law is 21 years or older to buy alcohol. But since I do not drink any type of alcohol nor plan to buy any, I have nothing to worry about. I can apply that money to a ton of different stuff besides drinks. If some one went to a bar every day or even once a week for that matter that adds up after a while.

Just my opinion,

Bigk
Member with 12,427 posts.

03-Jan-2007, 10:25 PM #57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlefield
I am older now but 5 drinks is not even a six pack I have always laughed at that figure . When I used to run hard 8 scotchs used to be normal . But a six pack watching a game is nothing for some people . I have a few now.
A few six packs, watching the game?
Member with 4,952 posts.

Experience: Help! It's taking over my brain!
03-Jan-2007, 10:31 PM #58
Quote:
...since when is sitting at home a "good" memory?

I'm not saying you have to drink to have a good time...but geeze...live a little once in a while.
Heh, I'm enjoying myself sitting at home right now... bowl of oatmeal, comfy chair, AIMing people I enjoy talking to, being on TSG... this won't be a terrible memory looking back on it.

But I don't always sit at home. I'm in clubs, I'm in marching band (which from July through november pretty much keeps you out of the house on weekends), my life isn't totally boring. My friends just don't happen to be the party people, because the party people at my school and I don't get along the greatest. And I like it that way. At least I'd better, because it's not going to change a lot for a little while.
Computer Specs

03-Jan-2007, 10:37 PM #59
Quote:
Originally Posted by teengeekgrrl
Heh, I'm enjoying myself sitting at home right now... bowl of oatmeal, comfy chair, AIMing people I enjoy talking to, being on TSG... this won't be a terrible memory looking back on it.

But I don't always sit at home. I'm in clubs, I'm in marching band (which from July through november pretty much keeps you out of the house on weekends), my life isn't totally boring. My friends just don't happen to be the party people, because the party people at my school and I don't get along the greatest. And I like it that way. At least I'd better, because it's not going to change a lot for a little while.

You are having the happy well adjusted life a teenager should have. You will have nothing to regret later in life. You are a leader!
Member with 27,087 posts.

Experience: The Alpha and Omega
03-Jan-2007, 11:26 PM #60
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigk

Just my opinion,

Bigk
*cough* BS. Kids are more responsible with Drinking and Driving than adults.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!