Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Controversial Topics Controversial Topics
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Fifty Years From Now.

(!)

pyritechips has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Member with 26,330 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
06-Apr-2012, 08:05 PM #1
Fifty Years From Now.
(This is more about speculation of the future so I haven't marked it for debate, though it will be welcomed.)

We have many ongoing controversies on this planet and none that seem to be solvable in the near future. So I ask what you what you expect to see in the year 2062. Will oil still be a driving force? Will "terrorism", or will the west have found a new windmill to attack? How about politics: left or right leaning? How about world economy? Will the European Union still be viable? Will the US regain it's world-leading status? How about emerging powers like India and China? A "cure" for cancer? What will the internet be like?

This is obviously a wide ranging topic so don't be afraid of going off the rails. You can even give your opinion as to what the trend in music will be.

I am hoping that the world leading nations and corporation will have taken a strong stance on developing alternate energy sources. I don't see the tribal nature of such regions as Africa and the Middle East allowing any progress towards unity and peace - especially Palestine and Israel. I think global warming will be more widely accepted as regions of the earth experience more anomalous and extreme weather patterns.

But here is the greatest challenge to you personally. What do you think the future will be like as opposed to what you would like it to be like?
Member with 2,210 posts.

Experience: Beginner
06-Apr-2012, 11:46 PM #2
fifty years from now, we will be worm food. do you think the quality of our post now will determine the quality of the fertilizer
Computer Specs

07-Apr-2012, 12:43 AM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1956brother View Post
fifty years from now, we will be worm food. do you think the quality of our post now will determine the quality of the fertilizer
I'm not talking about you and I, personally. Where will our civilization be fifty years from now? I have ulterior motives for this thread, also.
Member with 44,684 posts.

07-Apr-2012, 12:57 AM #4
The future doesn't look too promising for me right now. But one thing I think will change is transportation. And I think a lot of it will aerial....Sky cars similar to those new ones the Dutch are building right now and others will come about...They're getting a whole lot better and a whole lot quicker with Battery development and I see some kind of storage capability like this evolve even more and be able to collect energy from a number of different resources...

One thing is, just think how much land under roads and highways would be made available if traffic took the air....
Computer Specs

07-Apr-2012, 01:11 AM #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekim68 View Post
The future doesn't look too promising for me right now. But one thing I think will change is transportation. And I think a lot of it will aerial....Sky cars similar to those new ones the Dutch are building right now and others will come about...They're getting a whole lot better and a whole lot quicker with Battery development and I see some kind of storage capability like this evolve even more and be able to collect energy from a number of different resources...

One thing is, just think how much land under roads and highways would be made available if traffic took the air....
Good point but what would be the energy cost to go aerial? I know that sounds like a technical question but I meant it rhetorically.

07-Apr-2012, 01:27 AM #6
Why does everything revolve around cost? . Just a rhetorical question, not a technical one...

Aerial vehicles have existed for some while with zeppelins and blimps that use very little energy to stay aloft, and they can be part of the equation....
Computer Specs

07-Apr-2012, 01:54 AM #7
Quote:
Why does everything revolve around cost? . Just a rhetorical question, not a technical one...

Aerial vehicles have existed for some while with zeppelins and blimps that use very little energy to stay aloft, and they can be part of the equation....
You mock me, good sir? I challenge you to a guitar duel at 20 chords!

(We should do Skype. I want to play Stand By Me and Into the Mystic ).

07-Apr-2012, 02:05 AM #8
That will be easy my friend. I'm on my new IPad at this time and who would have thought of this 50 years ago?
Computer Specs

07-Apr-2012, 02:37 AM #9
Quote:
That will be easy my friend. I'm on my new IPad at this time and who would have thought of this 50 years ago?
Indeed! Only science fiction writers 50 years ago were imagining the things we have today. The mind boggles. And to think that we have only just embarked upon the Computer Age.
Account Disabled with 16,918 posts.

07-Apr-2012, 03:28 AM #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyritechips View Post
(This is more about speculation of the future so I haven't marked it for debate, though it will be welcomed.)

We have many ongoing controversies on this planet and none that seem to be solvable in the near future. So I ask what you what you expect to see in the year 2062. Will oil still be a driving force? Will "terrorism", or will the west have found a new windmill to attack? How about politics: left or right leaning? How about world economy? Will the European Union still be viable? Will the US regain it's world-leading status? How about emerging powers like India and China? A "cure" for cancer? What will the internet be like?

This is obviously a wide ranging topic so don't be afraid of going off the rails. You can even give your opinion as to what the trend in music will be.

I am hoping that the world leading nations and corporation will have taken a strong stance on developing alternate energy sources. I don't see the tribal nature of such regions as Africa and the Middle East allowing any progress towards unity and peace - especially Palestine and Israel. I think global warming will be more widely accepted as regions of the earth experience more anomalous and extreme weather patterns.

But here is the greatest challenge to you personally. What do you think the future will be like as opposed to what you would like it to be like?

Quote:
. Will oil still be a driving force? Will "terrorism", or will the west have found a new windmill to attack? How about politics: left or right leaning? How about world economy? Will the European Union still be viable? Will the US regain it's world-leading status? How about emerging powers like India and China? A "cure" for cancer? What will the internet be like?
Looks like 9 or 10 threads to me
Perhaps make several threads like Mikes {which had much topic in the opening post} was done several weeks ago?
Can bring much more focus to each individual subject at hand.
Computer Specs

07-Apr-2012, 03:31 AM #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka Brett View Post
Looks like 9 or 10 threads to me
Perhaps make several threads like Mikes {which had much topic in the opening post} was done several weeks ago?
Can bring much more focus to each individual subject at hand.
No. This is a general discussion of "the future".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
This is obviously a wide ranging topic so don't be afraid of going off the rails.

07-Apr-2012, 03:36 AM #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyritechips View Post
No. This is a general discussion of "the future".
Past present future,,,doesnt matter...still tons of topic.
I see that it will have the same problem that Mikes was going to be headed before it was split up.
It was expressed that his had to much topic..but you are wanting a wide range of topic?
I am just trying to figure out where to dive in here at...and keep with the forum theme

07-Apr-2012, 03:38 AM #13
But the bed is calling...maybe another time
Community Moderator with 19,155 posts.

Experience: comfortably numb
07-Apr-2012, 03:55 AM #14
Since it's not tagged for debate (Mike's was), it doesn't matter all that much.
Moderator with 63,518 posts.

07-Apr-2012, 04:56 AM #15
and I still want to know if you put a ski boot and a bowling ball atop Mt Rushmore, which of the three will last the longest?

To paraphrase, I believe that our refuse will FAR outlast humankind......I know that's not where you intended this to go, Jimbo, but hey, it's not flagged debate.....

Bugs the living snot out of me to think that the stuff we made will outlast us. And no, I'm not talking about radioactive stuff; that was along before we got here, we just sort of modified it a bit.......

"Ask Bill why the string in function 9 is terminated by a dollar sign. Ask him, because he can't answer. Only I know that". - Gary Kildall
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!