Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Controversial Topics Controversial Topics
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Do you believe in Mayans? Share Information

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 4,038 posts.

Experience: Advanced
21-Jul-2012, 03:23 PM #1
Do you believe in Mayans? Share Information
It is said that Mayan's calender is getting over by 2012 december. This topis has become a very interesting all among the world when it is getting more near to December, because some believe there is a "World's End". They have following theories and clues to make their guess strong. I will describe them.

Mayan's calender ends up in 2012/12/21. Their calender is not just a piece of paper made by men, it was built up according to Math and some other theories which today world call as "science". In their historical notes, they describe about 5 eras. They call them as "1st era of sun, second era of sun, etc", and we are in the 5th era. They have described how the other eras got destroyed and vanished from the earth.

Actually they haven't told stuff like "The fourth era got destroyed because a huge Asteroid hit the earth" and so on, but they have said something similar according to the culture and education at that age like "Fourth sun was destroyed by a rain of fire and blood". People who do researches has given the meaning to this by saying the "rain of fire" is "huge rain of asteroids". These made more sense to the researches because most other great nations around that time were talking about gods and devils and how they will come to the earth for the judgment day while Mayans are talking about something which can convert back to science.

Mayans have foretold about the future and it is said most of they their tellings are true.

The next things which made a huge interest on Mayans are their Math knowledge and Astronomy knowledge. Researches question how they got this great knowledge, and they have found 2 answers.

1. They got the knowledge from advance life, which is powerful than human. In other words, some kind of aliens, who are clever than human. There are enough evidence to prove this.

2. From the people of "Atlantis" - the lost city. For your information, it is believed the Atlantis age got destroyed before the rise of Mayans. It is also believed survivors from the lost city sailed to the land of Mayans.

OK, now the problem is Mayans haven't told anything about the lost/destroyment/vanish of our age WHILE THEY HAVE DONE FOR OTHER ERAS, but their calender ends up. But the case is some of their rulers has foretold about bad weathers, bad people etc, and it is all about our current age. While most of these foretold are bad, there is another foretold, from the "Great leader" of Mayans (Sorry, I can't remember his name). It is said all of his 4 foretold are correct (out of 5), and the fifth one is still remaining. He has told people at the end of this era will be violent, people will suffer from bad weather, mental health is low, economy crashes and much more. However, he has told the end of "5th Sun" will give up a very good beginning. According to him, it is a not a disaster, but a huge change in human mind. He has told "People like Gods" will born in earth, and earth will be a peaceful and nice place than ever before (For your information, the scientific side of this is, the raise we get from outer space objects like sun and other planets can change human mind up to some extent. It is said thousands of years ago people got the best raise, and those age gave life to powerful and nice people. Of course there are clues that there were people who used highly advance technology (Like Ravana in Sri Lanka) and people with powerful minds (like great sages from India) and some great nations. Some believe, earth will again have those perfect raise again, after the fifth era.)

But he hasn't told how this great change is going to happen. Bad way or good way? In my case, yes, I somewhat believe him.

Now it is your chance to agree, disagree, and share information.

Last edited by sepala; 21-Jul-2012 at 03:28 PM..
pyritechips has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Member with 26,330 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
21-Jul-2012, 03:27 PM #2
This topic has been previously discussed here. You may want to do a search on the topic to see others' responses.
Computer Specs
Member with 4,038 posts.

21-Jul-2012, 03:32 PM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyritechips View Post
This topic has been previously discussed here. You may want to do a search on the topic to see others' responses.
If not allowed to start a new one, please attach this to it. You mean this ?

It is somewhat different(not sharing info or debate type, he has given info which he found) and old. I guess better to keep this
Computer Specs

21-Jul-2012, 03:42 PM #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by sepala View Post
If not allowed to start a new one, please attach this to it. You mean this ?

It is somewhat different(not sharing info or debate type, he has given info which he found) and old. I guess better to keep this
Oh you can start it but don't expect much of a response. As I stated in your other thread, please look up "pseudo-science". This Mayan myth is based on the ignorant, uneducated misinterpretations of the Mayan calendar. I give the argument as much credence as I do to astrology.
Computer Specs
Member with 4,038 posts.

21-Jul-2012, 03:53 PM #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyritechips View Post
Oh you can start it but don't expect much of a response. As I stated in your other thread, please look up "pseudo-science". This Mayan myth is based on the ignorant, uneducated misinterpretations of the Mayan calendar. I give the argument as much credence as I do to astrology.
I don't believe it is 100% misguided. There are some false info for sure, but not everything. WE cannot explicitly say there is something true or false when it is thousands of years old, because we didn't see, we don't know!

Calender stuff I also don't care much. The next piece might have been misplaced, or their culture collapsed before they write it. But considering their knowledge, evidence and proves from researches, we can never say everything is false.
Wino has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Member with 18,594 posts.

21-Jul-2012, 04:21 PM #6
I shall be completely broke by 12/21/2012. I'm charging all my credit cards to the max, borrowing money to buy frivolous crap, knowing I nor my family will never, ever, have to pay for it. Free, I'm free at last!!

Computer Specs
Member with 4,038 posts.

21-Jul-2012, 04:23 PM #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by wino View Post
i shall be completely broke by 12/21/2012. I'm charging all my credit cards to the max, borrowing money to buy frivolous crap, knowing i nor my family will never, ever, have to pay for it. Free, i'm free at last!!

:d
lol :d.. I know you joked, but really no need to go that serious :P....

However, while browsing the internet, got to know some people has already built underground homes to save then selves when world's end is happening
Computer Specs
Member with 32,634 posts.

21-Jul-2012, 04:31 PM #8
Does this mean i dont have to do Xmas?

yes..............
Computer Specs
Member with 108,785 posts.

21-Jul-2012, 08:11 PM #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wino View Post
I shall be completely broke by 12/21/2012. I'm charging all my credit cards to the max, borrowing money to buy frivolous crap, knowing I nor my family will never, ever, have to pay for it. Free, I'm free at last!!

Member with 2,210 posts.

Experience: Beginner
21-Jul-2012, 08:43 PM #10
Quote:

your a liberal in texas..you will never be free. i can hear the hounds after you from here.
Computer Specs

21-Jul-2012, 08:57 PM #11
Quote:

Dude! Throw an End Of Days party! I'll be there.
Member with 44,676 posts.

21-Jul-2012, 10:09 PM #12
I read that the Mayan Calender doesn't have any leap years to make up for the rotation of the Earth and that the end-of-times-date is off by a number of years..
Computer Specs
Member with 4,038 posts.

22-Jul-2012, 12:38 AM #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekim68 View Post
I read that the Mayan Calender doesn't have any leap years to make up for the rotation of the Earth and that the end-of-times-date is off by a number of years..
very good find. Share more info with us
Computer Specs

22-Jul-2012, 12:51 AM #14
Pictures: New Maya Mural, Calendars Debunk 2012 Myth

Oldest Known Mayan Calendar Debunks December 2012 Myth

Quote:
The scrawled numbers confirm what experts have been proclaiming for years: the Mayan calendar does not predict that the world will end on December 21, 2012.
Quote:
But scholars have long argued that, while Mayan astronomers saw each cycle’s conclusion as significant, they never foresaw an apocalypse.
Quote:
“This sort of popular culture conception of the Maya calendar having an expiration date on it is in and of itself a fallacy,” Saturno said. He compared the system to odometers that reset to zero after 99,000 miles because they can’t display more than five digits. “If we’re driving a car, we don’t anticipate that at 100,000 miles the car will vanish from beneath us,” he said. Stuart said that, rather than covering a finite period of time, “the Maya calendar is going to keep going and keep going for billions, trillions, octillions of years into the future.”
Do a bit more research yourself and again, I strongly suggest you look up "critical thinking" and "pseudo-science". Unless you do so you will make yourself appear as a fool. Nobody witha modicum of education and knowledge believes this tripe any more than they do a flat Earth.
Member with 44,676 posts.

22-Jul-2012, 01:40 AM #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by sepala View Post
very good find. Share more info with us
I will look for that article.... But remember, Quantum Physics is a Baby right now...
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!