Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Controversial Topics Controversial Topics
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Candidate Romney

(!)

Member with 17,181 posts.

Experience: Been there, done that, st
28-Jul-2012, 11:52 PM #1
Solved: Candidate Romney
Quote:
"Mitt Romney is making a big push for the Jewish vote. In classic Romney (i.e., clueless) form, his campaign scheduled a trip to Israel on the Jewish fast day of Tisha B'Av." Gershom Gorenberg added, "It seems no one on his staff checked a Jewish calendar" before scheduling his trip to Israel.
http://maddowblog.msnbc.com/_news/20...is-week-in-god
Member with 44,652 posts.

28-Jul-2012, 11:59 PM #2
Member with 13,497 posts.

29-Jul-2012, 12:08 AM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant43 View Post
Need to quit listening so much to Maddow
Quote:
But Romney adviser Dan Senor, who is intimately involved in the planning of the trip, confirms a William Kristol item earlier that the selection of the date — at which some Jews have taken offense as a lack of sensitivity — was very deliberate, and aimed at deference to the holiday. It came at the suggestion of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who also invited the Romneys to a breaking of the fast after sundown at his home.
http://www.politico.com/blogs/burns-...or-128892.html

Also people should really should not listen to Andrew Sullivan too much who said Romney was wrong saying Great Britain

Quote :
If there is one sport where the bar is set almost ridiculously high in the Olympic Games for host nation Great Britain, it is cycling.
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/o...n-7976759.html
Quote :
Despite the team being made up of athletes from the whole United Kingdom they compete under the name of Great Britain, a name assigned to them by the International Olympic Committee (IOC).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_B...ummer_Olympics

29-Jul-2012, 12:16 AM #4
Who do you listen to LF? Come on now don't dodge the question....At least you have always been visible here while others are hidden and I respect that..

29-Jul-2012, 12:20 AM #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekim68 View Post
Who do you listen to LF? Come on now don't dodge the question....At least you have always been visible here while others are hidden and I respect that..
I listen to Maddow sometimes for comedy I will be watching the Olympics not Bill O. this week

29-Jul-2012, 12:23 AM #6
Right on, I'm watching the Olympics right now so I'll get back later...

29-Jul-2012, 12:41 AM #7
Quote:
Paul Krugman, who's been nearly as frustrated by Mitt Romney's habitual dishonesty as I've been, noted this week that political observers should pause to appreciate "this remarkable spectacle." Krugman added, "I really don't think there's been anything like this in American political history: a presidential campaign, with a pretty good chance of winning, that is based entirely on cynical lies about what the sitting president has said."
http://maddowblog.msnbc.com/_news/20...city-vol-xxvii

29-Jul-2012, 01:02 AM #8
Quote:
I bet Krugman said Romney liked to fire people
What about Obama confusing an A K- 47 with a AR -15 Romney seemed to be talking about making devices with explosive material but I agree it could have been said smoother. It is to be expected Krugman would be clueless I don't have the time or desire to go over all his posts.

The first one is so laughable when you can see Obama say it with your own eyes and ears and he is really trying to walk it back If he was so sure he did not say it he would not have to do that now

WILLIAMS: "On things however like Aurora, Colorado, do you see why Americans get frustrated at politics. They can see and hear your words from earlier in their career, people are hurting out there. Perhaps they want to start a national conversation about whether an AR-15 belongs in the hands of a citizen, whether a citizen should be able to buy 6-thousand rounds off the internet. You see the argument?"

ROMNEY: "Well this person shouldn't have had any kind of weapons and bombs and other devices and it was illegal for him to have many of those things already. But he had them. And so we can sometimes hope that just changing the law will make all bad things go away. It won't. Changing the heart of the American people may well be what's essential, to improve the lots of the American people."

Last edited by Littlefield; 29-Jul-2012 at 01:26 AM..

29-Jul-2012, 08:30 AM #9
Quote:
The presumed Republican nominee's campaign opened fundraisers to a small pool of reporters in May, as long as they were being held in public venues like hotels and restaurants. Those in private homes were deemed off-limits.

But Romney's traveling press secretary, Rick Gorka, said Saturday that Monday's fundraiser at the King David Hotel in Jerusalem would be closed and declined to offer an explanation. Dan Senor, the senior policy advisor who helped plan the Israel trip, referred questions to Romney headquarters.
http://www.latimes.com/news/politics...,4284035.story

29-Jul-2012, 11:07 AM #10
Romney would ‘respect the decision’ of Israel to attack Iran to stop nuclear weapon capability, adviser says

Yet another Draft Dodger who's all for military intervention and not diplomacy.... (And his sons couldn't be bothered with serving our Country either... )
Computer Specs
Member with 108,752 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
29-Jul-2012, 11:26 AM #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekim68 View Post
Romney would ‘respect the decision’ of Israel to attack Iran to stop nuclear weapon capability, adviser says

Yet another Draft Dodger who's all for military intervention and not diplomacy.... (And his sons couldn't be bothered with serving our Country either... )
You betcha!
Computer Specs

29-Jul-2012, 11:28 AM #12
Computer Specs

29-Jul-2012, 11:56 AM #13
Mitt Romney: Iran Strike 'On The Table' If I Were President
KASIE HUNT 07/29/12 11:18 AM ET

Quote:
JERUSALEM — Mitt Romney tried to pull back Sunday from making new American policy on Iran, distancing himself from an adviser's assertion that the U.S. presidential candidate would "respect" an Israeli decision for unilateral military action to prevent Tehran from gaining nuclear capability.

Hours after the aide previewed Romney's upcoming foreign policy speech in Jerusalem, Romney backpedaled and said, "I'll use my own words and that is I respect the right of Israel to defend itself and we stand with Israel. We're two nations that come together in peace and that want to see Iran being dissuaded from its nuclear folly."

The address by the Republican challenger to President Barack Obama was promoted as the centerpiece of a weeklong trip abroad designed to burnish his foreign policy credentials and highlight his ability to lead on the world stage. But the mixed signals on Iran could undermine that goal.
Here we go again. I don't believe Mr Romney doesn't know what his advisors are putting out there. He can use them as scapegoats.

Quote:
Obama has affirmed the right of Israel to defend itself, while also warning of the consequences of an Israeli strike on Iran.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1715574.html

29-Jul-2012, 04:35 PM #14
Quote:
The episode highlights what’s really wrong with Romney. He’s kind of lame, and he’s really ... annoying. He keeps saying these ... things, these incredibly off-key things. Then he apologizes immediately—with all the sincerity of a hostage. Or maybe he doesn’t: sometimes he whines about the subsequent attacks on him. But the one thing he never does? Man up, double down, take his lumps.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/newswee...p-problem.html
Computer Specs

29-Jul-2012, 08:25 PM #15
Quote:
Yep!
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!