Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Controversial Topics Controversial Topics
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Chick-Fil-A

(!)

Moderator with 63,576 posts.

03-Aug-2012, 12:00 PM #46
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyritechips View Post
I have already mentioned this. I alluded to varying laws in different jurisdictions. Here, you cannot refuse service based upon discrimination, as I referred to with the BC bed and breakfast. Would you refuse service to a gay, or an Atheist, or a black? It is just not on. I don't agree that it's just somebody's opinion. It is not "just and opinion" and an exercise in "freedom of speech" if it hurts somebody. That, as Frank Zappa expressed, is the crux of the biscuit.
still waiting for the clarification on where the homophobic hate-mongering was quoted, btw.........

03-Aug-2012, 12:01 PM #47
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckphilli View Post
I usually do.......

http://foodct.com/2011/07/11/noise-p...ids-under-six/
Member with 4,273 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
03-Aug-2012, 12:05 PM #48
Quote:
Originally Posted by valis View Post
So you checked after or before your first comment regarding "the right to refuse service"?
pyritechips has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Member with 26,330 posts.

03-Aug-2012, 12:09 PM #49
Quote:
still waiting for the clarification on where the homophobic hate-mongering was quoted, btw.........
Do you really expect these Neanderthals to openly state "I am a homophobic hate monger." ? Read the intent, Tim. Imagine me in Canada saying 'I won't serve you because you are an American." Imagine the political hay you could make out of that. Declarations and intent are everything.

03-Aug-2012, 12:09 PM #50
Just to make sure that that dude was still up and operating, yes.

I just noticed that your moniker is suspiciously close to a certain eating establishment..............
Computer Specs

03-Aug-2012, 12:11 PM #51
Quote:
From the article:

Quote:
Under the Civil Rights Act of 1964 restaurants, however, cannot refuse service on the basis of race, color, religion, or natural origin

So I could go to that chickfil whatever place and declare that I am an Atheist and demand service. What would they do?

03-Aug-2012, 12:12 PM #52
Quote:
Do you really expect these Neanderthals to openly state "I am a homophobic hate monger." ? Read the intent, Tim. Imagine me in Canada saying 'I won't serve you because you are an American." Imagine the political hay you could make out of that. Declarations and intent are everything.
If they are homophobic hate mongers, yes I do........Westboro Baptist Church has no issues with it.

Again, where does that gent state that he is a homophobic hate-monger? He allows all to eat at his restaurants, and all to work at his restaurants. His personal beliefs are his to own; I've not seen him do anything illegal yet. Has anyone else?

My mother totally agrees with this guy. Totally. So does most of Focus on the Family, which is HQ'd in her hometown. Does that make her a homophobic hate-monger as well?

"Ask Bill why the string in function 9 is terminated by a dollar sign. Ask him, because he can't answer. Only I know that". - Gary Kildall
Computer Specs
Member with 109,001 posts.

03-Aug-2012, 12:13 PM #53
Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO)
Posted: 08/02/2012 10:12 pm Updated: 08/03/2012 10:23 am

Quote:
A PR statement released by the company reads:

The actions of Mr. Smith do not reflect our corporate values in any manner. Vante is an equal opportunity company with a diverse workforce, which holds diverse opinions. We respect the right of our employees and all Americans to hold and express their personal opinions, however, we also expect our company officers to behave in a manner commensurate with their position and in a respectful fashion that conveys these values of civility with others.
Was it worth it Mr Smith?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1735357.html
Account Disabled with 725 posts.

03-Aug-2012, 12:19 PM #54
Quote:
Don't try to tell me that homophobia isn't religiously motivated.
OK, I won't for most of the data supplied by the homophobes are from the bible. You know. That book of faery tales.
I have a little going on myself in the background of my little mind as I don't really mind it but don't care to have
it flaunted in front of me. Of course that holds true, for me, in so many more things than just that. I won't carry a sign
on all the things that piss me off. AND GET OFF THAT CELL WHILE I'M TRYING TO EAT!!!
Computer Specs

03-Aug-2012, 12:19 PM #55
Quote:
If they are homophobic hate mongers, yes I do........Westboro Baptist Church has no issues with it.

Again, where does that gent state that he is a homophobic hate-monger? He allows all to eat at his restaurants, and all to work at his restaurants. His personal beliefs are his to own; I've not seen him do anything illegal yet. Has anyone else?

My mother totally agrees with this guy. Totally. So does most of Focus on the Family, which is HQ'd in her hometown. Does that make her a homophobic hate-monger as well?
Maybe not but why does the owner need to make a public political statement about it and fire up the homophobes and hate mongers. What is his intent?
Quote:
A man walks through a store in which there is a lady serving samples of a new wine.

"Would you like to try this new wine?" the lady asks the man.

"Oh no! I am an alcoholic," the man states, and continues on.
Now, why did the man feel a need to declare his position? Why not just say "No, thank you"? Why did this Chick person feel a need to make a political statement? All it does is to fan the flames of controversy. Yeah, in your country he may have the right to say whatever he wants but is it constructive?

03-Aug-2012, 12:22 PM #56
Quote:
Originally Posted by poochee View Post
Adam Smith, Chick-Fil-A Drive-Through Bully, Hassles Fast Food Employee And Gets Fired (VIDEO)
Posted: 08/02/2012 10:12 pm Updated: 08/03/2012 10:23 am

Was it worth it Mr Smith?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1735357.html
and he immediately got canned from BOTH his jobs.
Trusted Advisor with 3,997 posts.

03-Aug-2012, 12:24 PM #57
Quote:
So I could go to that chickfil whatever place and declare that I am an Atheist and demand service. What would they do?
Ask for your order?

I think there's some vast confusion about what's happening here. The owners of CFA are religious - everyone has always known that. They contribute to anti-gay groups, which is the part that has not always been known. But it's completely their right to do so, and you can probably guess that most people who are religious enough to close their business on a Sunday wouldn't support gay marriage. But as a company, they're not discriminating. They don't ask "what can I get you today, assuming you're straight and believe in god?" They take your order and they serve you. I gather from what I've read that their hiring process does not exclude gay people.

As individuals, they contribute to an anti-gay agenda. They get to do that and you get to not eat there if you don't want your money to fund that. What's completely unnecessary is any official boycott or any official support movement. If you want to eat there, do it. If you don't, don't. It's crazy to me that people somehow think they shouldn't be able to contribute money wherever they want, or answer a question about their personal beliefs.

03-Aug-2012, 12:24 PM #58
Quote:
Maybe not but why does the owner need to make a public political statement about it and fire up the homophobes and hate mongers. What is his intent?
Jim, have you been following this at all?

His intent was answering a question, as I stated earlier. That is ALL he has done. That's it. Nothing more. No hate-mongering. No homophobia. That has all been trumped up by everyone else on the damn planet. All he did was answer a question honestly.

Makes me wonder why people lie all the time........

And 'maybe not'? This is my mother we are talking about Jimbo........

03-Aug-2012, 12:25 PM #59
think we cross-posted there Wendy......excellent post.........
Computer Specs

03-Aug-2012, 12:31 PM #60
Quote:
Jim, have you been following this at all?

His intent was answering a question, as I stated earlier. That is ALL he has done. That's it. Nothing more. No hate-mongering. No homophobia. That has all been trumped up by everyone else on the damn planet. All he did was answer a question honestly.

Makes me wonder why people lie all the time........

And 'maybe not'? This is my mother we are talking about Jimbo........
Tim, I know thee well; your mother, not at all. It is not wise to include innocent loved ones into a debate. No criticism on your mother was intended by me.

Of course I have been following. Some have not followed what I have previously said. I injected the example of the BC bed and breakfast, which is a more telling example than the Chicken place. I am surprised that people would focus so much on a non-issue than a real one.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!