Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Controversial Topics Controversial Topics
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Terrorism Within

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 109,865 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
14-May-2011, 01:00 PM #1
Terrorism Within
South Fla. imam, 2 sons arrested on charges they provided $50K to Pakistani Taliban
By Associated Press,

MIAMI — A South Florida imam and two of his sons have been charged with providing roughly $50,000 to the Pakistani Taliban, which the State Department has designated as a terrorist organization.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...S3G_story.html

14-May-2011, 02:32 PM #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by poochee View Post
South Fla. imam, 2 sons arrested on charges they provided $50K to Pakistani Taliban
By Associated Press,

MIAMI — A South Florida imam and two of his sons have been charged with providing roughly $50,000 to the Pakistani Taliban, which the State Department has designated as a terrorist organization.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...S3G_story.html
Cool poochee

I would like to add the following.
From your link

-------------------------------------------------------

The U.S. Attorney’s office in Miami says Hafiz Muhammed Sher Ali Khan and sons Irfan Khan and Izhar Khan were arrested Saturday morning. Hafiz Khan is the imam at Miami Mosque, also known as Flagler Mosque, and Izhar Khan is the imam at Jamaat Al-Mumineen Mosque in nearby Margate. Officials say the mosques are not suspected of wrongdoing.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Let me see if I have this
Mosque takes donations
Imam funds the Taliban
Mosque done nothing wrong

Hmmm...let me guess,,because it is a building

Shut it down
If your organization gets caught funding terrorist the business should be shut down
The business was raising funds for an illegal activity..thus the reason they close down businesses associated with drug profits as it is an illegal activity.....same for gambling in areas that isnt legal.

IMO this would send the message and give us the chance to lower the numbers on the terrorists supporting mosques....I am glad to see em starting to not fold in and be politically correct with these and do the right thing
Member with 9,600 posts.

14-May-2011, 07:10 PM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka Brett View Post
Cool poochee

I would like to add the following.
From your link

-------------------------------------------------------

The U.S. Attorney’s office in Miami says Hafiz Muhammed Sher Ali Khan and sons Irfan Khan and Izhar Khan were arrested Saturday morning. Hafiz Khan is the imam at Miami Mosque, also known as Flagler Mosque, and Izhar Khan is the imam at Jamaat Al-Mumineen Mosque in nearby Margate. Officials say the mosques are not suspected of wrongdoing.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Let me see if I have this
Mosque takes donations
Imam funds the Taliban
Mosque done nothing wrong

Hmmm...let me guess,,because it is a building

Shut it down
If your organization gets caught funding terrorist the business should be shut down
The business was raising funds for an illegal activity..thus the reason they close down businesses associated with drug profits as it is an illegal activity.....same for gambling in areas that isnt legal.

IMO this would send the message and give us the chance to lower the numbers on the terrorists supporting mosques....I am glad to see em starting to not fold in and be politically correct with these and do the right thing
So.... if a legal "organization" , business, including churches have a criminal , pedophile or other in leadership , we should close them ?.
I favor dealing with the criminal , in fact ,there is no other way . >f
Account Disabled with 16,918 posts.

14-May-2011, 07:15 PM #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidelista View Post
So.... if a legal "organization" , business, including churches have a criminal , pedophile or other in leadership , we should close them ?.
I favor dealing with the criminal , in fact ,there is no other way . >f
If the business{church} is a front for supplying money to terrorists,,then by all means yes.

I am not saying to confiscate business for a couple guys smoking weed in the parking lot.
But lets say a bicycle shop was used to create funds to supply terrorists...confiscate it.

How about this...lets say the salvation army was using its donations to fund terrorists...then shut em down.
License gone

Mosque to fund terrorists..same thing
Member with 9,600 posts.

14-May-2011, 07:57 PM #5
Quote:
If the business{church} is a front for supplying money to terrorists,,then by all means yes.

I am not saying to confiscate business for a couple guys smoking weed in the parking lot.
But lets say a bicycle shop was used to create funds to supply terrorists...confiscate it.

How about this...lets say the salvation army was using its donations to fund terrorists...then shut em down.
License gone

Mosque to fund terrorists..same thing
If it were proven that Bishop at Saint Patrick's Cathedral in NYC --and his sons -- sent funds to the military wing of IRA , would you close that too ?.
The way I see it is that the Moslems in Florida have right to worship -- the Imam and his sons have the right to a attorney.
If in fact the accusations are correct , they also have the right to rot in prison. >f

14-May-2011, 08:23 PM #6
Quote:
If it were proven that Bishop at Saint Patrick's Cathedral in NYC --and his sons -- sent funds to the military wing of IRA , would you close that too ?.
The way I see it is that the Moslems in Florida have right to worship -- the Imam and his sons have the right to a attorney.
If in fact the accusations are correct , they also have the right to rot in prison. >f
If they sent 50 grand to the Taliban yes.
Cathedrals are barely a problem to begin with...not much terrorist support going on.
But with mosques here in the states..80 percent are funded by Wahhabi...not one of the pleasant sects of Islam...This is a way to stop the further building of Wahhabi mosques in the states

Foreign funds from less than desireable sect of Islam fund a mosque...Mosque raises money for terrorists.
Shut em down.
I would actually use this to investigate all mosques that received funds to build from the same Saudi source..its the break we need to blow this open......tie the building funding in with the source and close em down..there goes 80 percent of the mosques...the local funded mosques I have no problem with.{20 percent}....its the saudi funded that need to be closed{80 percent}.

The same way they confiscate drug houses
Member with 9,600 posts.

14-May-2011, 08:40 PM #7
Quote:
If they sent 50 grand to the Taliban yes.
Cathedrals are barely a problem to begin with...not much terrorist support going on.
If the Bishop and his sons sent money to taliban , I would say prosecute them under law , not close the Cathedral !
This is America Brett , and religion is respected as long as lawful .
Don't think this means I have mercy for terror -- Islamic fanatics --or any religious fanatics --not so. >f

14-May-2011, 08:48 PM #8
Quote:
If the Bishop and his sons sent money to taliban , I would say prosecute them under law , not close the Cathedral !
Don't think this means I have mercy for terror -- Islamic fanatics --or any religious fanatics --not so. >f
A church is an organization
I assume they need a license to operate as a church?
If a church is used to raise funds for terrorists...then close it....its not a church one should recognize.
pyritechips has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Member with 26,330 posts.

14-May-2011, 09:12 PM #9
Quote:
Quote:
A church is an organization
I assume they need a license to operate as a church?
If a church is used to raise funds for terrorists...then close it....its not a church one should recognize.
I agree with you.

Both.

A church or mosque is sacrosanct. If a member or a religious leader there does wrong, prosecute them but don't touch the building. The chronic abuse of children by priests is a good example. Many were forced to quit and even jailed but the churches remain.

If a criminal group starts up a religious house of worship as a front for illegal activities then it should be closed down similar to a tattoo parlour that fronts for a drug dealer. But suspicion is not sufficient. It must first be proven.
Member with 9,600 posts.

14-May-2011, 09:18 PM #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyritechips View Post
I agree with you.

Both.

A church or mosque is sacrosanct. If a member or a religious leader there does wrong, prosecute them but don't touch the building. The chronic abuse of children by priests is a good example. Many were forced to quit and even jailed but the churches remain.

If a criminal group starts up a religious house of worship as a front for illegal activities then it should be closed down similar to a tattoo parlour that fronts for a drug dealer. But suspicion is not sufficient. It must first be proven.
Exactly my point , although you made it much better .
If anyone does not understand this -- we are in big trouble !
>f

14-May-2011, 09:50 PM #11
Oh Oh everybody agrees..now what
pyritechips has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Member with 26,330 posts.

14-May-2011, 10:00 PM #12
Quote:
Oh Oh everybody agrees..now what
Nothing to fight about! Mark this one solved!
Computer Specs

23-May-2011, 11:35 AM #13
Imams accused of aiding Pakistani Taliban to appear in Florida court
From John Couwels and Ben Smith, CNN
May 23, 2011 2:34 a.m. EDT
CNN's John Couwels reported from Miami and journalist Ben Smith from Atlanta.

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
Prosecutors intend to introduce evidence from electronic surveillance
Defendants include three generations of family members
Prosecutors allege co-conspirators tried to hide Taliban contributions
Lead defendant, Hafiz Khan, is called a Muslim Santa Claus by local children

Miami (CNN) -- Two Florida imams -- a father and a son -- face a federal judge in Miami on Monday on charges of funneling money to the Taliban in Pakistan.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/05/23/...ban/index.html

23-May-2011, 11:11 PM #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by poochee View Post
Imams accused of aiding Pakistani Taliban to appear in Florida court
From John Couwels and Ben Smith, CNN
May 23, 2011 2:34 a.m. EDT
CNN's John Couwels reported from Miami and journalist Ben Smith from Atlanta.

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
Prosecutors intend to introduce evidence from electronic surveillance
Defendants include three generations of family members
Prosecutors allege co-conspirators tried to hide Taliban contributions

Miami (CNN) -- Two Florida imams -- a father and a son -- face a federal judge in Miami on Monday on charges of funneling money to the Taliban in Pakistan.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/05/23/...ban/index.html
Quote:
Suicide vests for Xmas?
Computer Specs

12-Jun-2011, 10:16 PM #15
Bump
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!