Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Current Events Current Events
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > > >

Environut Mysteries and News

(!)

Gabriel has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Account Closed with 17,353 posts.

Experience: Can Follow Directions
22-Sep-2010, 01:37 PM #1
Environut Mysteries and News
Maybe this will fit in here, as to me things enviromental are not debatable...they are facts worthy and eventful enough to be discussed. Take these guys for example...the whales I mean...

"Pilot whales have very strong social bonds and they try to help each other so more keep getting stuck," said Mark Simpson of Project Jonah...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100922/...les_stranded_2

Now I know some will say...Project Noah..yuk...another environut organization. If that is your focus, then I would answer that my point was about the social bonds, dumby, and the sadness of the whale beaching phenomenon....but yes, it is debatable whether man has these social bonds intact. But being I don't need to debate...just wanta put up eventful and thought making stuff on whales today, and hopefully find some research or hypothesis on why they beach in the first place.

Of course the thread is intended for more than the whales. There are the problems with the bees, and birds...and even if you like...the YUK..bedbug thing!
Account Disabled with 44,931 posts.

22-Sep-2010, 01:44 PM #2
Interesting topic Gabriel.....I'll be sure to follow it
Computer Specs
Member with 109,489 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
22-Sep-2010, 01:54 PM #3
Welcome to CE Gabriel. CE is getting some new and interesting subjects to peruse.
Account Disabled with 16,918 posts.

22-Sep-2010, 05:34 PM #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
Maybe this will fit in here, as to me things enviromental are not debatable...they are facts worthy and eventful enough to be discussed. Take these guys for example...the whales I mean...
!
Thats a sad story about the whales and appears to be an ongoing problem with them
Computer Specs

22-Sep-2010, 09:25 PM #5
Thanks guys and gal for being supportive...of course I could not give a rodent's butt cheeks for the people who don't approve, but that is for another day.

Here's another mystery...I am not sure it's just the birds that act mysteriously in this phenomenon, but the people too...why would they beat and drag the poor birds down? Is it to protect, or hurt them? They probably need to study the behavior of the people as well as the birds if the latter. This one is called the "Jatinga Bird Mystery", and has to do with orientation, weather, and light and stuff.

http://nchills.nic.in/NCHILLS-JATINGA.htm

Any ideas on this one?
Computer Specs

22-Sep-2010, 09:53 PM #6
And now some good environews...and just to show ya'll skeptics, environuts can see when a job is well done. Here is the result of getting rid of the bulk of the aerosol crap that was popular in the 80's.

"The phasing out of nearly 100 substances once used in products like refrigerators and aerosols has stopped the ozone layer being depleted further...."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...#ixzz10JU7HQHn
Account Disabled with 44,931 posts.

22-Sep-2010, 10:49 PM #7
Quote:
Thanks guys and gal for being supportive...of course I could not give a rodent's butt cheeks for the people who don't approve, but that is for another day.

Here's another mystery...I am not sure it's just the birds that act mysteriously in this phenomenon, but the people too...why would they beat and drag the poor birds down? Is it to protect, or hurt them? They probably need to study the behavior of the people as well as the birds if the latter. This one is called the "Jatinga Bird Mystery", and has to do with orientation, weather, and light and stuff.

Any ideas on this one?
No ideas because of the unusual details.......interesting
Computer Specs

22-Sep-2010, 11:03 PM #8
Quote:

Any ideas on this one?
Very strange..........
Computer Specs

22-Sep-2010, 11:03 PM #9
Quote:
And now some good environews...and just to show ya'll skeptics, environuts can see when a job is well done. Here is the result of getting rid of the bulk of the aerosol crap that was popular in the 80's.

"The phasing out of nearly 100 substances once used in products like refrigerators and aerosols has stopped the ozone layer being depleted further...."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...#ixzz10JU7HQHn
Computer Specs

22-Sep-2010, 11:14 PM #10
Yes, the news is just not all bad. Just think where we could be if those terribly nosey and intrusive scientists didn't publish their findings in the early 70's and the mid 80's. Kudos to them.

Some history and political goo about the ozone

http://www.nas.nasa.gov/About/Educat...e/history.html
Member with 44,991 posts.

07-Oct-2010, 12:01 PM #11
How about a man-made environmental mess?

Official: Hungary's toxic sludge reaches the Danube River

Quote:
PRAGUE — The toxic red sludge that burst out of a metals plant reservoir and inundated three villages reached the Danube RIver on Thursday, but a Hungarian emergency official said no immediate damage was evident on Europe's second-longest river.

The European Union and environmental officials had feared an environmental catastrophe affecting half a dozen nations if the red sludge, a waste product of making aluminum, contaminated the 1,775-mile long Danube, a river that runs through four European capitals and makes up the border for 10 countries.
Member with 44,991 posts.

07-Oct-2010, 12:14 PM #12
And some good news...

Condor population reaches 100 in California

Quote:
For the first time in over 50 years, there are more than 100 wild, free-flying California condors in their name state, the result of a sustained breeding program by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to bring back the iconic species, which numbered just 22 in 1982. The news comes in a release from the Hopper Mountain National Wildlife Refuge Complex in Ventura, Calif., where a major part of the recovery work is done.

Worldwide, there are 381 condors alive today, some in captivity and some wild.
Computer Specs

07-Oct-2010, 12:48 PM #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekim68 View Post
Computer Specs

07-Oct-2010, 12:49 PM #14
Quote:
How about a man-made environmental mess?

Official: Hungary's toxic sludge reaches the Danube River
Wino has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Member with 18,598 posts.

Experience: Advanced
07-Oct-2010, 01:45 PM #15
Quote:
Turkey Vulture's in US Senate reach 41. If ever there was a need for republican vulture population reduction, now is the time.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!