Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Digital Photography & Imaging Digital Photography & Imaging
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Post All Requests for .DST File Conversions for Embroidery Here

(!)

Junior Member with 3 posts.

13-Jan-2012, 11:03 PM #1
Post All Requests for .DST File Conversions for Embroidery Here
Hey all,

I am in a bit of a bind. I need to convert a .jpeg logo to a .dst image in order for an embroidery store to stitch the logo on a hat. It's a birthday present for my boss and I need to have it in a week! Unfortunately, the embroidery store will be charging me an exorbitant amount to digitize the logo, so I am looking for a more cost-effective solution.

I noticed an expired thread where a distinguished member (Noyb) had converted a simply logo for someone into .dst format. If Noyb (or any other user) could help me out, you'd be saving my life.

Any info on free .dst conversion software would also be helpful, as google has failed me on this one.

Thanks

Edit by Administrator Cookiegal regarding this thread:

Please post all of your requests for .DST file conversions for embroidery projects in that designated thread. Our resources are limited as we only have a couple of members who are able to do this type of work and willing to give of their time and expertise so please be patient. Unfortunately, we may not be able to handle all requests.

Note that, in order to ensure that only the intended recipient receives the digitized file, instead of uploading it as an attachment in the public forums, it will be emailed to you. Therefore, please make sure that you have the option to receive emails enabled in your profile for this purpose. You can always disable that option again once you've received the file.

PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ANYONE BY EMAIL WITH A REQUEST FOR .DST FILE CONVERSION. THE REQUESTS ARE TO BE MADE IN THE DESIGNATED THREAD ONLY.

To find the setting to enable/disable the option to receive email click on My Account then down the left side click on Edit Options and then scroll down to the section entitled Messaging & Notification where you just need to add or remove the check mark from the box beside Receive Email from Other Members. Once you've made your selection then scroll down to the very bottom and click on Save Changes for new setting to take effect.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

Many graphics are protected by copyright so before posting for assistance please be sure that your logo or image is not subject to any such restrictions. If we feel that there may be a copyright issue then the request for assistance will be deleted by a Moderator.

Last edited by Cookiegal; 15-Feb-2014 at 07:03 PM..

13-Jan-2012, 11:06 PM #2
By the way, here is the attached logo, if anyone wants to try their hand at converting it. Obviously only the red part would need to be stitched to the hat.
Attached Thumbnails
Post All Requests for .DST File Conversions for Embroidery Here-rvh.jpg  
Noyb   (Jay) Noyb is offline Noyb is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 19,326 posts.

14-Jan-2012, 01:24 PM #3
You found me ... and Welcome to the TSG Forum
There's a good reason why Google couldn't find any Digitizing or Conversion Freeware

How's this ??? ... The dst files are in the zip folder.
I've outlined it in Black .. The actual thread color can be chosen (or omitted) when it's stitched.
Attached Thumbnails
Post All Requests for .DST File Conversions for Embroidery Here-clip.gif  

Last edited by Noyb; 14-Jan-2012 at 01:48 PM..

14-Jan-2012, 07:16 PM #4
wow!
Noyb! Unbelievable. I never expected such a speedy response. Thank you so so so much, I owe you my life. Sending many good vibes and as much positive karma as I can muster in your direction!

I downloaded the free version of embird and it opened your DST file without a problem. You're saving me close to 70 dollars here, I can't thank you enough.

I'll try anyway! Thanks a million!
Noyb   (Jay) Noyb is offline Noyb is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.
Computer Specs

14-Jan-2012, 08:26 PM #5
I used Janome's digitizing software that you can get for free ... Here.
This creates a Janome jef Embroidery file.
Then I converted it with BuzzXplore (Not Free)

The trick is that I had to redraw your Image in Photoshop (also not free) to get clean edges in a bmp format for the digitizing software to know where the outline is.
I've never seen the results of a jef > dst conversion or my Digitizing .. I'd like to know how it works out.
Attached Thumbnails
Post All Requests for .DST File Conversions for Embroidery Here-rvh.gif  
Junior Member with 5 posts.

06-Feb-2012, 10:55 AM #6
Convert jpeg logo to DST
Hi!

Can someone please help me convert this jpeg. into a stitch-file (dst) ?

Thx
Attached Thumbnails
Post All Requests for .DST File Conversions for Embroidery Here-berserk-logo-ny.jpg  
Computer Specs

06-Feb-2012, 11:06 AM #7
Welcome to the TSG Forum.
How's this Look ???
Attached Thumbnails
Computer Specs

06-Feb-2012, 11:20 AM #8
I didn't like that one ...
I've outlined the letters in Red to possibly sharpen the outline.
You can change (manually choose) the red thread color when it's stitched.
Attached Thumbnails

06-Feb-2012, 11:24 AM #9
Wow you are fast. Can you mace it 9" wide? And i think i want it without the outline.. Just as simple as possible Thx!!
Computer Specs

06-Feb-2012, 11:31 AM #10
9" is outside my hoop area ... Maybe the person that sews it can change the size ???
I'd leave the outline stitch to clean up the edges .. But have the color changed to Black.

06-Feb-2012, 11:37 AM #11
I see. But thanks anyway So I just sew those to dst files on top of each other? First the "Fill-file" and the the outline-file with the same color?
Computer Specs

06-Feb-2012, 11:37 AM #12
Wait .. I tried my resizing software .. (I had to learn how to change hoop sizes )
Try this ...

The fill is the first thread change (selection) ..
The outline will be the second thread change (choice) ....
It could be eliminated but I'd have it stitched in Black to clean up the edges.

I used red so you could see it in my (Thumbnail preview) .. and force a thread change procedure ...
You don't have to change the thread .. or even have it sewed.
Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Noyb; 06-Feb-2012 at 11:51 AM..
Computer Specs

06-Feb-2012, 11:54 AM #13
Are you doing this yourself .. (What machine) ...
Or having someone else embroidery it ??

06-Feb-2012, 12:02 PM #14
I'm doing it myself Borrows a machine from a friend. Thats why I want it to be only one color so I don't mess things up. I'm not an expert on that machine... =p Don't remember the name of the machine..
Computer Specs

06-Feb-2012, 12:09 PM #15
different machines use a different Embroidery file type ...
Let me know if you need a different embroidery file type ..
I'd rather work in a Janome embroidery file (jef) so I don't have to do all the conversions.
I'm not sure how well the conversion work.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
.dst, digital imaging, digitizing

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!