Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Digital Photography & Imaging Digital Photography & Imaging
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Arcsoft photroimpression6 will not open

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 51,993 posts.

07-May-2012, 09:40 AM #16
Did any of the previous attempts remove all the arcsoft files from ProgramData and the user AppData folders?
Computer Specs
Member with 17 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
08-May-2012, 05:08 PM #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvandil View Post
Did any of the previous attempts remove all the arcsoft files from ProgramData and the user AppData folders?
Hi Elvandil

Yes all arcsoft files/folders were removed including registry associated files using arcsoft removal instructions that their tech emailed me. After removing then reinstalling the software the same thing it will not open .
I removed again all arcsoft program files + hidden arcsoft files. I deleted them all. Next Owner app data arcsoft files. Then registry files in HKEY_CURRENT_USER SOFTWARE ARCSOFT & HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE ARCSOFT. CCLeaner removed a couple of trace element arcsoft files located elsewhere in the registry associated with arcsoft. Then an attempted software reinstall, still nothing opens .

I'm told as stated before by arcsoft that the software sometimes can crash and as soon as I have clarification from them on the replacement software I will pass it on. As of now the arcsoft-ware is removed, until I can try it on a different machine. I'm still willing to try. Thanks for helping with this .

rs3919
Computer Specs
Member with 17 posts.

27-May-2012, 03:42 AM #18
Thumbs up Photo impression 6 fixed
Hello everyone

I recently had some bad MS updates. I had to reinstall my OS. I preformed a Hard disk destructive with a complete OS reinstall. All updates are done. The Photo Impression 6 is opening again. All is good for now I hope. Thank you everyone who tried to assist.

Sincerely
rs3919
Computer Specs
Member with 17 posts.

27-May-2012, 03:59 AM #19
Talking It's Fixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvandil View Post
Hi Elvandil

My machine had to be rebuilt bad MS updates. Chasing the update problem down caused more programs to crash. It was easeir to do a hard disk destructive, then a clean reinstall of the OS. Some minor glitches nothing time can't fix, well me at least. Thanks for your assist.

rs3919
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!