Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

windows movie maker

(!)

Member with 1 posts.

17-May-2012, 06:48 AM #1
windows movie maker
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Basic, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3800+, x64 Family 15 Model 95 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 1917 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 105889 MB, Free - 33514 MB; D: Total - 8581 MB, Free - 726 MB; F: Total - 238472 MB, Free - 115912 MB;
Motherboard: ECS, Iris
Antivirus: PC Cleaner Pro, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Disabled
I have had 30 Super 8 film reels tranferred to a DVD; but there was no editing done. I want to delete certain footage and also ad titles and chapters, but I can't figure how to use the software. Windows Movie Maker is a default program on my PC.
Account Disabled with 5,251 posts.

Experience: Advanced
18-May-2012, 04:40 PM #2
To do any editing, at the minimum you'll have to browse the DVDs and find the .vob files. Those are the video files and you need to copy them to your hard drive for easy editing access. In order to see and import the video files into Windows movie maker, you'll need to change the extension from .vob to .mpg.
Then it should just be a matter of editing out the footage you don't want and rendering it as a new file you can make a DVD with again or whatever.

I like VideoSpin 2.0 from Pinnacle, it free and as it imports, it analyzes the video and automatically breaks it up into scenes quite accurately, which makes it much easier to edit. Its a free program but if you use the MPEG codecs for more than 15 days they require $15. You could get around that by converting the video to AVI and importing and exporting that but it would add that much processing.

Titles and Chapters would be the job of whatever DVD making program you use on the resulting video. The free ones will be quite simplistic. For complete all-in-one packages that may be able to import directly from the DVD, edit and add chapters and burn a DVD, look and see if you can get trial versions of Vegas or Pinnacle Studio or Premiere Elements or Cyberlink PowerDirector.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!