Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Digital Photography & Imaging Digital Photography & Imaging
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

ImageMixer won't grab files from camcorder

(!)

Member with 12 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
22-Jun-2012, 05:55 PM #1
ImageMixer won't grab files from camcorder
I just got an HP laptop, Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit, 8GB memory. Should do a great job with multimedia. This is the first and only computer, however, on which ImageMixer 3, which came with my Canon Vixia HF S100, refuses to work.

Normally, when you plug the camera into the computer, an Image Mixer box comes up, asking if you'd like to import the files. Windows itself would also pop up a box asking if I wanted the files opened. So I always had two choices. I used the ImageMixer box, and the files imported great.

With this computer, I get zero choices. No prompt at all to get files off the camera. The computer grudgingly admits a camera is plugged in, since the icon is in the tray in the lower right-hand corner. But no ImageMixer box asking if I'd like the files imported. And when I manually launch ImageMixer, the box for importing files is grayed out.

So on the one hand, the camera is plugged in and recognized by the computer. On the other hand, it isn't. What can I do?

Thanks!
Member with 2,536 posts.

23-Jun-2012, 03:33 PM #2
Does the documentation for ImageMixer 3 say it is compatible with Windows 7, as that is all I can come up with?
Member with 12 posts.

23-Jun-2012, 06:01 PM #3
I already use it on a Windows 7 machine. If ImageMixer winds up simply not working on this machine, which makes no sense, what else can I use to get my videos off my camera? The fact that Windows barely concedes that a camera is even plugged in does not give me confidence that any other possibility will bear fruit.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!