Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Webcam not detected

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
03-Jul-2012, 09:02 PM #1
Webcam not detected
I have an hp pavilion that I had gotten a few months back and the webcam has been working fine up until recently. I went to go and turn it on and it comes back with a webcam not detected error message. I went and tried to update the driver. Uninstall and reinstalled and I keep getting the same message. I uninstalled all messengers or anything that could be using it too and still nothing. I ran a system restore also but that still did not work, i am very quickly running out of ideas.
Member with 2,536 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
06-Jul-2012, 02:40 PM #2
If something else was using the webcam you wouldn't get the "not detected" error, so uninstalling messenger software etc. was never going to fix it. Did you check in Device Manager to see if there is an entry for the webcam? Even with no driver present, it would still be listed there under "Imaging Devices" as an unknown device with a yellow question mark.

If it's not listed there at all, with or without a driver installed, then it means the webcam itself is faulty/broken.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!