Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Digital Photography & Imaging Digital Photography & Imaging
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

.dst conversion for embroidery help please

(!)

Member with 17 posts.

18-Jul-2012, 12:21 PM #1
.dst conversion for embroidery help please
Hi, I seem to be having a similar problem to many other people. I have 3 images that I would like to have stitched into a hat but it must be converted to DST format by the embroidery shop where it will be done. I searched google, forums, and asked at the store where I might be able to get it done with no success.

There seems to be expert member on this topic who seems to solve much of these particular issues called Noyb.

If Noyb or any other member would be able to point me in the direction to get conversion software or even better be able to change these images from .jpeg into .dst format would be great

Not sure if this is relevant information, but they are going onto a black hat and will be stitched in white lettering. The "BINGER" will be spaced Height 2.15 inches X Length 5 inches and the KTC will fit normal logo size.

thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails
.dst conversion for embroidery help please-ktcblack.jpg   .dst conversion for embroidery help please-binger-1.jpg   .dst conversion for embroidery help please-binger-2.png  
Noyb   (Jay) Noyb is offline Noyb is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 19,369 posts.

18-Jul-2012, 02:45 PM #2
You might want to cleanup the text "King of the City" .. It needs to be bigger n fatter.
The Gap under the crown could also be bigger.
What's a normal size ???
Attached Thumbnails
.dst conversion for embroidery help please-thumb.gif  

Last edited by Noyb; 18-Jul-2012 at 03:19 PM..
Noyb   (Jay) Noyb is offline Noyb is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.
Computer Specs

18-Jul-2012, 02:59 PM #3
How's these look ???
Attached Thumbnails
.dst conversion for embroidery help please-binger1.gif   .dst conversion for embroidery help please-binger2.gif  
Member with 17 posts.

18-Jul-2012, 04:10 PM #4
THANKS NOYB!!

The 2 "BINGER" looks fine. Does it matter the color you did it in? When i take it to the embroidery shop it will be done in white.

Also I did small edits to the "KTC" as you suggested. I removed the letters from the logo on the front so it will just be the letters and the crown. I also increased the space between the crown and the horizontal middle piece and also the horizontal middle piece and the T below it. As another option if it would look better i removed the horizontal middle piece all together

Size for the logo on the front of the hat. I would say Width 3 and Height 2.25 inches if that is proportionate for the front of a hat.

Also attached is a new image of the kings of the city spelled out that will be put on the rear of the hat.

Thanks in advance for saving my gift.
Attached Thumbnails
.dst conversion for embroidery help please-ktc-noyb-edit.jpg   .dst conversion for embroidery help please-ktc-noyb-edit-other-option.jpg   .dst conversion for embroidery help please-ktc-noyb-edit-2.jpg  
Computer Specs

18-Jul-2012, 04:23 PM #5
Whatever thread color you tell them.
I think you still need bigger, cleaner text.

I liked a little bigger gap under the crown.
Is this OK ???
Attached Thumbnails
.dst conversion for embroidery help please-ktc-2.gif  
Computer Specs

18-Jul-2012, 04:33 PM #6
It really helps if there's open space between the edges for me to digitize in.
if it's not there, the pattern may be too small to stitch nicely.
It's not a high resolution picture ... it's low resolution sewing ... See the problem ???
Attached Thumbnails
.dst conversion for embroidery help please-clipboard.gif  
Member with 17 posts.

18-Jul-2012, 04:44 PM #7
I kind of understand what you are saying. What should I do to make it possible for you to change the format?
Computer Specs

18-Jul-2012, 04:50 PM #8
What font are you using ???
how wide do you want it ???
Member with 17 posts.

18-Jul-2012, 04:55 PM #9
I was not sure of a font. Perhaps I might just use this font I used on another hat for the back. it closely matches the logo font I believe but I was hopping for exact.
Attached Thumbnails
.dst conversion for embroidery help please-2012-07-18-16.52.35.jpg  
Computer Specs

18-Jul-2012, 04:59 PM #10
Hummm ????
How's this look ???
Attached Thumbnails
.dst conversion for embroidery help please-kingcity-2.gif  
Member with 17 posts.

18-Jul-2012, 05:03 PM #11
Your right it does look jumbled. I would love to have the exact but unless you think it will look legible once stitched perhaps it might be better to go with the stores font option for the back of the hat.
Computer Specs

18-Jul-2012, 05:06 PM #12
I'm guessing the stores option would be better.
they shouldn't have to digitize it .. just type it in.
My digitizer doesn't stitch perpendicular to curves .. (with the radius of a curve)
Member with 17 posts.

18-Jul-2012, 05:08 PM #13
thanks Noyb. for the BINGER images and the KTC logo.
Computer Specs

18-Jul-2012, 05:10 PM #14
You're welcome .. I hope they're what you need
Member with 17 posts.

19-Jul-2012, 05:34 PM #15
Noyb can you change the size of the binger 2 image. It is too small I'm being told at the embroidery shop. Change to size 3 inches height by 6 inches length.

Also it is going to be raised so could you add more stitches for the underlay to cover the foam properly.

And there is a lot of lag stitch when they pull the file up in their compute. Could that be change to minimize it

Thanks again
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!