Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Digital Photography & Imaging Digital Photography & Imaging
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Sending photos from Windows Live Photo Gallery by email

(!)

Member with 70 posts.

Experience: Beginner
19-Jul-2012, 05:19 PM #1
Solved: Sending photos from Windows Live Photo Gallery by email
I store and view pictures on my computer with "Windows Live Photo Gallery" (WLFG) and do email with "Outlook", which is selected as my email program of choice. In fact, I don't have any other email programs on my machine.

If I select pictures from my files, there is a button on WLFG which says "email". When you press it, a window comes up headed "Preparing files" and you then chose the file size and press "attach", when the file/s are supposedly attached to a new email ready for sending. This is what I gather from the help file. However, the new email is nowhere to be found. I have searched for it in Outlook, and in WLFG, but it seems it has never been created.

Any ideas?
Member with 2,536 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
20-Jul-2012, 06:19 PM #2
Try this method which involves opening WLM first and starting a new message: http://email.about.com/od/livemailde...-Live-Mail.htm
Member with 70 posts.

Experience: Beginner
21-Jul-2012, 06:13 AM #3
Thanks pip22,

That seems to work well.

I still have no idea where WLFG puts the email message it creates with photos attached, but I will put it down to the wonders of modern technology and try to live my life without solving the riddle.

Thanks again
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!