Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Digital Photography & Imaging Digital Photography & Imaging
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Sending pictures with text

(!)

Member with 73 posts.

Experience: Beginner
15-Aug-2012, 08:42 PM #1
Sending pictures with text
I need to email pictures of flowers but I don't know how to include their names under the pictures. Can anyone help please?

thanks
JamesEB
Computer Specs
Member with 1,598 posts.

16-Aug-2012, 08:44 AM #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesEB View Post
I need to email pictures of flowers but I don't know how to include their names under the pictures. Can anyone help please?

thanks
JamesEB
The exact procedure I suppect will depend on what your email client is... you don't say.... but most have the ability to do it.
Member with 73 posts.

Experience: Beginner
16-Aug-2012, 09:23 AM #3
Thanks. My email client is AOL.com and I also have Outlook Express on a very antiquated dial up.

I was hoping for a general procedure rather than one restricted to an email client.

Help with the procedure much appreciated.

thanks
JamesEB
Member with 142 posts.

16-Aug-2012, 09:49 AM #4
Just a recommendation - You can rename (filename) the picture with the name that you would like to include in the text. Or in Outlook Express - Compose a new Message in Rich Text (HTML) Format. Then go to Insert menu-->Picture to insert the picture in the message. Try different alignments to add text at your preferred positions.
Computer Specs
Member with 1,598 posts.

16-Aug-2012, 01:56 PM #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesEB View Post
Thanks. My email client is AOL.com and I also have Outlook Express on a very antiquated dial up.

I was hoping for a general procedure rather than one restricted to an email client.

Help with the procedure much appreciated.

thanks
JamesEB
Quote:
Each email client is slightly different...

Can't help with AOL, wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.

OE is quite easy as bkmgy says, or rename the pictures to be sent and use the attachment feature, rather than having them in the body of the mail.

If your using dialup don't make the file size to big...
Member with 2,310 posts.

Experience: Advanced
16-Aug-2012, 04:13 PM #6
Whatever, whichever, email tool you use to subtext (hopefully) a picture with the name of the flower under the actual picture, all leave one bug in the ointment, and that is what you use to place the text "here" may display that same text in the recipient's email tool "there," if at all.

If you really want control, and absolute placement of where that text is to be positioned, then you really want to include that text into the actual image of the flower. Now, you could use many different image editing programs (and I prefer either the free, and included MS Paint program within Windows, or the many featured and free tool IrfanView) but use the tool that you like, and there really are a slew of them, many free).

So either include the name of the flower within the less intrusive area of the image (perhaps having some contrasting outline edge to the font color used), or just add a small caption area to the image (making it physically pixely bigger) and add the text there.

Good luck.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!