Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Digital Photography & Imaging Digital Photography & Imaging
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Custom embroidery file?

(!)

Member with 34 posts.

Experience: Beginner
20-Aug-2012, 12:07 PM #1
Custom embroidery file?
Hey all,
Im new to the site and was wondering if anyone had could help me understand how to convert this file to dst? Im trying to create an image for embroidery and just am finding myself unable to figure this out. Would really appreciate any help
Thanks,
Aaron
Attached Thumbnails
Custom embroidery file?-1200x1200.jpg  
cwwozniak   (Chuck) cwwozniak is offline cwwozniak is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. cwwozniak has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 47,281 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
20-Aug-2012, 02:44 PM #2
Hi Aceweil, and welcome to TSG. I've asked a moderator to move this thread to the Digital Photography & Imaging forum. We have a member, Noyb, that can usually help people that request a graphics file conversion to a DST file. You may want to add another post with the desired dimensions (in inches) of the embroidered area. You may also need to specify which areas, if any, need to be filled in with white thread (i.e. all white areas or just the stripes between the other colored areas.
Noyb   (Jay) Noyb is offline Noyb is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 19,474 posts.

20-Aug-2012, 02:54 PM #3
How's this look ????
Attached Thumbnails
Custom embroidery file?-clip.gif  
Member with 34 posts.

20-Aug-2012, 06:15 PM #4
Wow. It looks amazing. The only question I had was if it could be made as a 2 inch by 2 inch version? The item I am hoping to place it on can only fit a 2 inch by 2 inch item. Do you think that would be possible? Otherwise, it looks perfect! Thanks so much for the help!
Noyb   (Jay) Noyb is offline Noyb is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.
Computer Specs

20-Aug-2012, 06:39 PM #5
At ~~ half the size, We'll start loosing resolution ... Thread is not as good as an inkjet
Attached Thumbnails
Custom embroidery file?-clip.gif  
Member with 34 posts.

20-Aug-2012, 06:43 PM #6
I can provide the image in a much bigger size...would that help? What if it were this size? Could it be made as a 2 inch by 2 inch DST file?
Attached Thumbnails
Custom embroidery file?-big.png  
Computer Specs

20-Aug-2012, 06:48 PM #7
No Help ... It's the final stitch size (thread size) that is determining the resolution.
I'm having to downsize your original for my digitizer.
Member with 34 posts.

20-Aug-2012, 06:50 PM #8
im so useless when it comes to technology So is a 2 inch by 2 inch version only doable with a smaller size image? what pixel size would be ideal for that? Im sorry if im asking too much here, just interested
Computer Specs

20-Aug-2012, 06:57 PM #9
The stitch (thread) resolution is fixed ... And so is the needle placement accuracy.
And it's not very good.
The smaller it gets, the worse it'll look.
Measuring it in pixels will be misleading
Member with 34 posts.

20-Aug-2012, 07:01 PM #10
Im just trying to provide an image size that would be capable of being created as a 2 inch by 2 inch DST file. I guess my lack of computer knowledge is making that a challenge. Im sorry if i am not being clear. what about this version?
Attached Thumbnails
Custom embroidery file?-2-inches-.png  
Computer Specs

20-Aug-2012, 07:02 PM #11
FYI .. the first thing I do is size your image for ~2x2 inches in Photoshop.
Then I place it on a canvas size of 4.7 inches .. The maximum size for my digitizer (hoop size).
Then I make it a bmp .. Send it to my digitizer that outlines it as attached.
then I have to digitize "within the lines" .. at this point, the resolution is fixed
Attached Images
File Type: bmp 1200X1200.bmp (27.6 KB, 43 views)
Member with 34 posts.

20-Aug-2012, 07:08 PM #12
what is the dpi that you are basing the image size on? If i can figure out how to transfer the dpi I can get it to be the 2 inch by 2 inch size you would need. Is that correct? Im just thinking that if I can get the image in the size that is needed 2 be 2x2 resizing or editing wouldn't be necessary? Am I envisioning this incorrectly? I imagine I am way off, but I am so new to this I have no idea
Member with 7 posts.

20-Aug-2012, 07:14 PM #13
Hi, I was wondering if you would be able to convert these two files for me please? Both about 2.5-3 inches tall..thank you in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Custom embroidery file?-tri-force.jpg   Custom embroidery file?-mylink.png  
Computer Specs

20-Aug-2012, 07:16 PM #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceweil View Post
what is the dpi that you are basing the image size on?
It's not me ... It's the digitizer as in the attached bmp ..... it does the final sizing .. (downsizing)
About the only control we have is to edit the image so it's not as detailed ... or add/remove where necessary.
Quote:
Am I envisioning this incorrectly?
You might say that
Member with 34 posts.

20-Aug-2012, 07:20 PM #15
so what needs to be done to have it look as amazing as the initial file, but as a 2 x 2 version? I am so lost now. I guess the question is what needs to happen (be provided) for it to look as perfect as it does in that initital version, but as 2x2 rather than 4x4? a bmp file that is 2 x2??
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!