Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Digital Photography & Imaging Digital Photography & Imaging
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

lens cleaning help

(!)

Member with 27 posts.

13-Jan-2004, 01:30 PM #1
lens cleaning help
Hello, I just need some info on cleaning a digital camera lens. I own an HP Photosmart 733 with a Pentax brand glass lens and while taking some close up shots of my 8 month old daughter I got too close and she accidently touched the lens with her finger. I don't own a lens cleaning kit as of yet, so I took a Q-tip and gently touched the lens up a bit, but I can still see a smudge. I did'nt want to press the Q-tip that hard in case of scratching the lens, but I was wondering if anyone knows of any household items "such as alcohol", that can clean a lens better until I have the chance to get a kit.
Member with 6,832 posts.

13-Jan-2004, 02:10 PM #2
I would use a mild solution of dishwashing liquid. Chemicals might cause problems with the lens coating. Maybe your HP manual has a suggestion.
Member with 27 posts.

13-Jan-2004, 02:21 PM #3
Thanks for the help slipe. The manual does'nt cover any cleaning tips and I can't seem to find anything on google except lens cleaning with a camera cleaning kit ie; brush, can of air etc. But anyhow thanks for the help and I will try that. Hopefully it won't hurt it.
Member with 6,832 posts.

13-Jan-2004, 09:22 PM #4
Dishwashing liquid is the mildest cleaner I know of. Kodak Photoflow for getting drops off developed film was just a mild detergent solution. You want to dry it off with something soft before it dries. I use Kleenex Viva towels for that sort of thing and have never had problems.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!