Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Digital Photography & Imaging Digital Photography & Imaging
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Best webcam?

(!)

Junior Member with 4 posts.

26-Jan-2004, 06:14 PM #1
Best webcam?
I am currently in the market for a new webcam and was wondering if you guys could point out a few that are relatively inexpensive but have good quality. Also I am looking for one that has built in sentry software, where it can detect motion and take pictures of "intruders" or something. I've always liked Logitech or Creative products, but I've never tried their webcams.

Any thoughts?
Member with 464 posts.

29-Jan-2004, 04:29 PM #2
I would have to go with Logitech cam's, anything in their pro line. Then again, I have a biased opinion, as I used to work for their tech line in Europe. I have tested many camera's and nothing came close to the top range that Logitech has to offer. All of their camera's come with a motion sensor software.

However, if you have a digital camera, this too can be used. when I get home tonight, I'll send you a link for software you can use for motion detection that has allot more features then the one provided by Logitech. I've been testing it for a couple of weeks, it's good, a few bugs, but still nice.
Junior Member with 4 posts.

29-Jan-2004, 05:31 PM #3
Awesome thanks!

I did find myself leaning towards a logitech camera, as i have other products from them and have never had any problems.

Cheers!
Member with 464 posts.

29-Jan-2004, 09:05 PM #4
Hey Ker-Plunk

Here is the link for the software I mentioned Did I mention it's free?:

http://www.pysoft.com/ActiveWebCamMainpage.htm

Here is the download link, click the active webcam link to download it:

http://www.pysoft.com/downloads_fr.html
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!