Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Digital Photography & Imaging Digital Photography & Imaging
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

How to use digital camera

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 1,952 posts.

30-Jan-2004, 11:44 AM #1
How to use digital camera
Ok...I am in serious need of instructions on how to take a picture with an Olympus Camedia E-20n.

I am in the middle of installing a wireless modem on a laptop and the support guy wants me to take a picture of the motherboard.

This is my bosses camera and he is not here. No instructions and website is no help.

Can anyone help me please? Just need one picture.
Computer Specs
Member with 1,952 posts.

30-Jan-2004, 12:41 PM #2
Since I couldn't delete this post (tried) I just want everyone to know I figured it out. This is a huge camera with tons of settings for a professional...which I'm not. But I finally figured it out. Now to download them!!
Member with 6,832 posts.

30-Jan-2004, 12:52 PM #3
Put the mode dial on P. Pop the flash up. Put the keyboard on the floor and get as squarely over it as you can. Stand upright and use the zoom ring (on the lens barrel) to frame the keyboard in the viewfinder. If you can’t zoom out far enough to get the whole keyboard stand on a small stool or some books. On the left side of the camera there is a MF/AF switch – put it in AF. Half press the shutter button. If the keyboard comes into focus in the viewfinder take the picture. If it doesn’t push the long button with the flower symbol and try again. If it still doesn’t focus, switch to MF and use the manual focus ring (also on the lens barrel) to focus and take the picture.

That is a very complex camera and I’ve never used one. I got what I could from Steve’s review. Your boss has good taste in cameras, but I would not think it appropriate for handing to someone and telling them to take a photo without instructions.

Page 2, 3, and 4 of the review tells you what some of the control do – might help: http://www.steves-digicams.com/2001_reviews/e20n.html
Computer Specs
Member with 1,952 posts.

30-Jan-2004, 12:56 PM #4
Oh..great. I'll try that. I just managed to take a picture but when I finally figured out how to download it, it was all blurry. I'll check out the link. Thanks and I hope to never use this camera again.LOL.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!