Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Digital Photography & Imaging Digital Photography & Imaging
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Poor pictures/blurring

(!)

Member with 484 posts.

09-Feb-2004, 05:46 PM #1
Poor pictures/blurring
I have a new Kyocera SR5 small camera. I like its design etc but when I take photo's e.g of a group of people etc my photo's turn out blurred. It is a small camera and it is hard to keep it absolutely still. Does anyone have any suggestions please?? thanks
Computer Specs
Member with 21,189 posts.

Experience: Disenfranchised American
09-Feb-2004, 06:20 PM #2
Digi's are notorious for blurry images due to the deleay between pressing the button to the image being captured. Short of a tripod there isn't much you can do.
Account Disabled with 8,373 posts.

09-Feb-2004, 06:56 PM #3
quick guess...subjects moving (motion blur)

wrong setting in camera...

From a quick read here... http://www.steves-digicams.com/pr/ky...62003_s5r.html ...this camera has plenty of settings to work with or to have work against you

unless the lighting is extreme, there should be no need for a tripod to get quality pictures although it never hurts

buck
Member with 6,832 posts.

10-Feb-2004, 09:18 AM #4
There are very few digital cameras you can handhold indoors without flash and not get motion blur. And the flash is good for only about 10 feet. Autoflash will usually operate before you get to a speed where you induce blur if you have it switched on and are within flash range. If you are getting blurring outside in good light or with flash check your settings that you donít have it set on manual focus. If it is on autofocus and blurring outside in good light it needs to be returned for service.

Even outdoors try to use manual flash for people photos, keeping in mind you have to stand within about 12 feet to use it as a fill in flash.

I canít find data on the S5R but the S5 and generally all Kyoceraís seem to have more than average shutter lag. They have some amazing burst rates, but if you just press the shutter it doesnít take the picture until over a second later. If you pro-focus by holding the shutter halfway it has less then 1/5 second delay which is more likely to get the picture you want. If you take pictures of people in motion toward or away from the camera you have a hard time getting a focused shot without a continuous focus mode using either method.
Member with 484 posts.

10-Feb-2004, 05:03 PM #5
thank you all for your advice and time

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!