Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Twain session

(!)

Member with 46 posts.

11-Jun-2005, 11:30 PM #1
Twain session
As I attempt to download my pictures - (I am using ACD.See) - I am receiving a error message stating: "Unable to start Twain Session". This is all new to me, so I am not quite sure exactly what I need to do to fix this problem. Thank you for your help
Member with 6,832 posts.

12-Jun-2005, 09:06 AM #2
With your camera plugged in and turned on, Right click on Start>Explore. Scroll down in the left column until you get to the drive letter that is your CD drive – probably “D”. The next drive letter should be a “removable drive” or “camera”. Left click that drive and keep left clicking the folders that show up in the right column until you have a screen full of images. Edit>Select all. Right click on one of the highlighted images and select “Copy”.

Now navigate back up to a folder where you want the images. You can make a folder by left clicking Start>My Documents>My Pictures. With the contents of My Pictures showing and nothing highlighted: File>New>Folder. Type a name like “Bubba 12 June 05”. Right click on your new folder and select “Paste”. The images will copy to the folder.

Most people transfer the files that way after they gain some experience. It is much better than going through a program. If the files will transfer that way there isn’t anything wrong in your camera setup. That would probably leave the problem in ACDSee. It is possible according to your operating system that you might be able to both uninstall ACDSee and delete your TWAIN files, then reinstall ACDSee. I wouldn’t do that if you can download directly from the camera to your computer.

If the camera when connected and turned on does not show as a drive letter you will have to give us some information.

Were you ever able to download using ACDSee?
If so, what have you installed or added since?
Were you ever able to download from the camera in any way?
What camera and operating system?
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!