Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Digital Photography & Imaging Digital Photography & Imaging
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Unable to upload photos from Camera

(!)

Junior Member with 13 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
15-Nov-2005, 05:41 AM #1
Question Unable to upload photos from Camera
hello, can anyone help me with this most annoying problem

I upload photos all the time from my Olympus C-300 Zoom camera however on Sunday I went to do just this and got an error message saying the USB files corrupt (sorry cannot remember exact wording) but it made me think it was the actual MS files sys something!! I thought if I tried it again it would work but it has not worked since and as previously stated I did not note the exact error messge.

I have check USB ports are working ok, it just does not see device attached at all and My Pictures/Adobe does not auto launch.

I am really stuck as need to get this working, is there anyone out there that may be able to help me.

Regards
Ann

Last edited by Mezzer; 15-Nov-2005 at 06:58 AM..
Member with 4,088 posts.

Experience: "No threat to Einstein"
15-Nov-2005, 07:55 AM #2
It would really help if you could duplicate the problem and post the error message exactly as it was.
When the camera is plugged in and turned on can you see it in "my computer".
It should appear as another drive or mass storage device.

15-Nov-2005, 10:50 AM #3
Hello. Thanks so much for your reply

I have been trying to duplicate error message but it just does not appear again. When I plug the camera in I hear a sound but nothing out-plays. I have ben to "my computer" and it does show a camer device. Its not my model but it is an Olympus D-400Z/C-900L Digital Camera, but when I click on get photos: this message appeared:

Olympus D-400Z/C-900L Digital Camera. The computer cannot detect the scanner or camera. Please make sure the camera is turned on or is working properly.

I think it maybe the camera or lead, do you agree? Not sure what to try next.

Thanks and regards Ann
Member with 4,088 posts.

15-Nov-2005, 04:32 PM #4
Have you tried a different memory card in the camera. It might just need the card formatted. Be aware this deletes contents of the card.
Member with 4,088 posts.

15-Nov-2005, 04:36 PM #5
Also, have a look in device manager and see if there any yellow exclamations related to usb devices.

15-Nov-2005, 04:44 PM #6
Hi

Have tried different card no good.

Looked in Device Manager, cannot see any USB deivces installed/mentioned at all, althought my printer is still working fine from mini hub and I have tried direct USB connection not via mini hub, no good.

There is a yellow question mark against Other Devices/PCI Modem. But my modem is working fine.

I have found s/w for other camera so will install that and see if that loads ok and launches My Pictures/Adobe.

Thanks for your help (have you been asleep, its night here so I will be off line soon!)

Best regards
Ann

15-Nov-2005, 05:02 PM #7
I have successfully loaded software and pictures from this kodak camera.

I have tried to load the Olympus pics thu this but no luck, again can see Device (wrong model!) but says no pics available. Thinks its either the cable or device, will try this next.

Regards
Ann

16-Nov-2005, 08:29 AM #8
I have ordered a new lead but I am beginning to think it is not the device. The new new camera can upload to Kodak s/w and Adobe but none can be seen or uploaded from My Pictures. I get this message:

The computer cannot detect the scanner or camera. Please make sure the camera is turned on or is working properly.

I think I have a corrupt file or something in MS??????

Regards
Ann

17-Nov-2005, 01:37 PM #9
I have got a SmartMedia card Reader/Stiter and that is allowing me to read the card, whether it the camera or USB thats gone not sure. Have ordered new usb.

Ann
Senior Member with 591 posts.

Experience: *pounds chest* "Me know more than you" ;)
17-Nov-2005, 01:41 PM #10
betty, you should start a separate thread cuz it will cause confusion trying to support two problems in one thread.
Senior Member with 591 posts.

Experience: *pounds chest* "Me know more than you" ;)
17-Nov-2005, 01:43 PM #11
mezzer,
how is the card reader connected? via usb? the same usb or different usb?
if you can validate that the usb isn't the issue by using it fine with other devices, then it's gotta be the camera or the drivers for the camera. You've already validated the memory card.

I'll bet its the drivers since it's recognizing your camera as a different model. Go to Olympus's site and get the correct drivers.

17-Nov-2005, 02:19 PM #12
Will try that and let you know, thanks ZeroHour

17-Nov-2005, 04:19 PM #13
Yippee!!!!

Sorted, what stars you all are!

Downloaded the driver, unziped, installed it and plugged in camera via usb and bobs-your-uncle (mad English saying!) it loaded adobe and My picture wizard.

Thank you soooooooo much.....

As for Adobe, I have a free version of Photoshop 3 and it won't let me register, keeps saying it fails to connect to site when I try, any advice on that one..... well you can't blame me for asking, not often I get to correspond with an Einstein!!!

Best regards
Ann
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!