Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Digital Photography & Imaging Digital Photography & Imaging
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

My pictures won't download on my computer

(!)

Junior Member with 7 posts.

Experience: Beginner
22-Jun-2007, 04:46 PM #1
My pictures won't download on my computer
When I first got my Samsung camara, I could download my pictures into my computer.One day, my sister tried to import some music into her MP3 and I'm not sure that she knew how to...so I'm guessing she errased something she wasn't supposed to.After that, my computer didn't get my pictures anymore and I don't know how to fix it....Can someone help me?... plzz
bkdc bkdc is offline bkdc has a Profile Picture
Member with 489 posts.

Experience: Advanced Dummy
22-Jun-2007, 07:32 PM #2
Please tell us what OS you are using Win XP, 98, 2000, linux, etc. whether or not you have a card reader, typ of software you are trying to use to download the pictures.

This info would priovide for a more informative answer.
Senior Member with 357 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
23-Jun-2007, 06:23 AM #3
Quick fix, rather than downloading from your camera get a digital card reader. You simply insert the card from your camera into the card reader and your computer will recognise it instantly in My Computer as a disk drive. it is then a simple matter to transfer your pics without all the hassle that camera driver software brings. You only need to know the kind of card your camera uses such as SD, XD, or MMC etc then buy a card reader to suit.

23-Jun-2007, 10:16 PM #4
How do I know what type of card I need for my camera?
Account Disabled with 8,373 posts.

23-Jun-2007, 11:20 PM #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metafloyd
How do I know what type of card I need for my camera?
call me silly... but reading the manual was the first thing that popped into my mind...
Member with 6,832 posts.

24-Jun-2007, 01:59 PM #6
You most likely don’t need a card reader. If you will answer bkdc’s questions we can probably get you up and running with what you have.

25-Jun-2007, 12:05 AM #7
Well I am using a Windows XP, and no I don't have a card reader.....and about the software...sorry but I really don't know what type of software I am using(I'm a little new to this)= (

25-Jun-2007, 11:09 AM #8
If you are not sure about cards and card readers why not take your camera to a friendly computer shop. They will gladly assist in choosing the correct card reader and a basic one is not expensive When you get home plug the card reader into a USB port, it will be instantly recognised. Now put your card in the correct slot on the card reader and that's it. As I said before go into My Computer and you will see an extra drive or drives. Double click the new drive to view your pics then copy and paste to your computer. You previously copied pics from your camera so you will surely manage this. Problem solved.

26-Jun-2007, 06:27 AM #9
Thank you all....I appreciate the time taken to help me here!..You guys are awesome!
Member with 6,832 posts.

27-Jun-2007, 10:29 AM #10
With XP you need no software with PTP cameras, which most are. The camera installs itself and should show as a drive.

With the camera turned on and connected to the computer, Start > My Computer. Look for a drive letter labeled “Removable Disc” or “Camera”. You can right click the drive, Properties > Autoplay > Pictures and check “Select an Action”. When you choose the wizard or program you were using before it will always open when you connect the camera.

Or you can download directly from the drive without a wizard or program. Click on the drive then folders until you get your photo files. Edit > Select All. Edit > Copy. Right click on any folder and select “Paste”. Your photos will download from the camera to that folder. That process is a little easier using Windows Explorer instead of My Computer.

A card reader works the same way and gives you the same options assuming the camera is PTP. The only difference is that you remove the card and put it in the card reader instead of plugging the camera to the USB cord. Speed is close to a wash with a high speed USB camera.

28-Jun-2007, 11:38 PM #11
Like I said before, the drive used to just pop up before when I would connect my camera to my computer...now, it only shows on the camera "Connecting Computer" and I can hear the sound when it's connected...but nothing shows up!

28-Jun-2007, 11:41 PM #12
Oh yeah, and I tried going to "Start"..."My Computer"...but there is no drive there that says "Removable Disk" or "Camera"...
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 2,091 posts.

Experience: The Baddest Noob :)
29-Jun-2007, 02:07 PM #13
it could be named as something else try to use different drives and see if your pictures are shown.

30-Jun-2007, 01:57 AM #14
The thing is that there are no other drives shown..I'm really lost here cause I don't know whats wrong w/ this!!

30-Jun-2007, 08:16 AM #15
Metafloyd procrastinate no more, check this out as an example how cheap card readers can be purchased nowadays. There is one here available for a mere 4.95, have a look see.........

http://www.memorybits.co.uk/categories/card-readers/763
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!