Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Computer Does Not Detect Canon powershot USB

(!)

Junior Member with 1 posts.

19-Jul-2007, 11:26 AM #1
Canon powershot USB cable not detected - what do I do?????
My computer will not detect the USB connection from my Canon Powershot SD400. When I connect the USB cable nothing happens. The computer simply does not detect the connection. It was working fine two nights ago, but it suddenly stopped working. I tried using a different UBS cable and still the same result. I tried connecting another camera, Canon SD Powershot 650, but the same thing happened - no detection. I tried putting the memory card from the SD400 to the SD650, but still nothing happened. I have a Microsoft Windos XP operating system. Please help! It just doesn't make any sense.

Last edited by Jen18; 19-Jul-2007 at 03:30 PM.. Reason: No responses
Member with 6,832 posts.

19-Jul-2007, 05:06 PM #2
Right click on My Computer > Properties. Go to the Hardware tab and click Device Manager. Select the little + next to Universal Serial Bus Controllers and make sure nothing has a yellow exclamation mark or red X. If it does double click the item and go through the troubleshoot.

Do you have an external hub to expand the USB ports? Have you tried a different port? If your computer has USB ports on the front you are using try one of the ports in the back.

Some cameras have to be switched on to connect. I don’t know about Canons.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!