Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Digital Photography & Imaging Digital Photography & Imaging
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Images Too Big...How Do I Make Them Smaller?

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 16 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
30-Aug-2007, 06:06 PM #1
Images Too Big...How Do I Make Them Smaller?
I have a Fuji FinePix 5200, a great camera. The images I upload to my computer our fine, but when I send them to another person, they complain cos the images are way to big and they have to move them around to see them. What is going on that causes this?
Account Disabled with 8,373 posts.

30-Aug-2007, 06:40 PM #2
howdy

you are obviously taking them at at a large file size and not downsizing them before sending....

you should resize to something in 600x400x 150kb range before emailing

OS, Email client, and software you use would be a huge help...
Computer Specs

30-Aug-2007, 06:54 PM #3
OS is Vista, and email is yahoo. I use the HP photo software that came with my laptop. How do I change the file size?

30-Aug-2007, 07:27 PM #4
wow... three bummers at the same time... vista, yahoo, and hp

any one of the three should be able to resize for web display or email depending on how you are sending them...

the people on the other end should also be able to save the image and view at a reduced size with whatever viewer they use...
Computer Specs
Member with 8,709 posts.

30-Aug-2007, 09:02 PM #5
Quote:
wow... three bummers at the same time... vista, yahoo, and hp
Hi Buck. I wish you'd get off the fence and say what you bloody well think sometimes?

31-Aug-2007, 05:53 AM #6
Hey there Moby

that's one of my character flaws. My friends tell me that I'm to reserved and held back with my opinions...
Senior Member with 467 posts.

31-Aug-2007, 06:39 AM #7
you can make them smaller in microsoft picture manager.
Computer Specs
Member with 8,709 posts.

31-Aug-2007, 06:55 AM #8
Quote:
My friends tell me that I'm to reserved and held back with my opinions...
You have friends?
Yeah, I can see that shy retiring touch in you.
It's actually top entertainment watching people get their knickers in a twist over something you said. I know you don't mean anythng, you know you don't mean anything, but . . . . . . . . . . well you know what I mean. I'm easily pleased.
Maybe I'm just weird.
Anyway, what was the thread question again?
Computer Specs

31-Aug-2007, 08:42 AM #9
Geeze guys, did something happen here that needs to be addressed? Sure hope I'm reading things wrong, but I re-read those last posts a few times and seems someone is holding back something about my 'stupid' question? Or what?
I thought this was a safe haven for asking 'stupid' questions, as per the introductory page on this site. So Buck, are you holding back something like "you dumb@@@, got got a camera, figure it out!" kinda thing? Why on earth has Moby made the statements he did? Just curious.
Hmmm, and could it be that these posts between the two of you somehow got misplaced and ended up on my thread?
Yeah, I don't care for Vista, I am on the move all over the country, so no 'good' email address and I do not like at all, the software that came with my camera. Yes bummers. Just making the best of things.
So guys, care to tell me what is 'being' held back here? Inquiring minds want to know. Shi

PS....thank you smbd. I just needed to be pointed in the right direction. I'll look into everything mentioned here.
Member with 6,832 posts.

31-Aug-2007, 08:44 AM #10
Unfortunately the resizer already built into Vista will send your photos to your default email client. I think you can set Yahoo up to integrate with Outlook Express but that somewhat defeats the purpose of having online email.

There is a power toy from Microsoft that will resize them, but it isn’t very good or versatile. I would recommend you download the free Irfanview: www.irfanview.com It will resize a bunch at once and uses a high quality filter (Lanczos) rather than a low quality resize. If you go that route get back and someone here will give you exact instructions.
Computer Specs

31-Aug-2007, 12:19 PM #11
Thanks, Slipe. I am looking into it....appreciate the help. Shi

31-Aug-2007, 03:22 PM #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by shi1
Geeze guys, did something happen here that needs to be addressed? Sure hope I'm reading things wrong, but I re-read those last posts a few times and seems someone is holding back something about my 'stupid' question? Or what?
howdy shi1...

please post or show me where anything you posted was called or referred to as "stupid"...

your question was very good and I thought I answered it in basic terms... while waiting for a response from you... Moby and I had a little fun...believe me... not at your expense...it happens in online forums...

there are many ways to do what you want with what you already have, but we need to know how you are trying...I thought I ask that in post 4...

at any rate welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by shi1
So Buck, are you holding back something like "you dumb@@@, got got a camera, figure it out!"
maybe Moby should answer that..... Howdy again Moby...

Last edited by buck52; 31-Aug-2007 at 03:28 PM..
Computer Specs

01-Sep-2007, 05:34 AM #13
Well, if that don't explain it! Good, I am glad it was something invisible between the two of you. I just found it odd the conversation turned that way, and of course, took it to heart. It's a female thing.
Will be working with more photos in the next few days and will see about changing the image sizes. I'll get it, I knowI will. Just slow sometimes. Shi
Computer Specs

01-Sep-2007, 05:37 AM #14
Oh, BTW, 'stupid' is my word for feeling like I said something wrong or asked a dumb question. Those are not quotation marks around it, those marks can be used for emphasis.

01-Sep-2007, 07:49 AM #15
howdy again shi1

there are no stupid, wrong, or dumb questions...

there are few illegal ones....

"BTW" most but not all, use quotation marks to quote someone...probably why there called quotation marks...silly me

for emphasis most use either bold type, italic type, or underline

welcome again and please feel free to ask any questions and be as discriptive as you can... without typing a novel...
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!