Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Digital Photography & Imaging Digital Photography & Imaging
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

How to put captions on photo CD

(!)

Member with 19 posts.

Experience: Beginner
28-Mar-2008, 05:38 PM #1
How to put captions on photo CD
Hi, I'm thinking surely other people want to do this, and someone must know how! I've burned 200 old photos onto a CD using Kodak Easyshare. I love this program, but the trouble is, the captions in my Easyshare albums don't show up on the disc, and the file names show only on the CD menu, not on each photo. When I give this CD to my grandchildren they won't know who the people in the photos are. The only thing I can think of is to write captions myself on an index print and enclose it with the CD, but that's not really practical. Is there any photo CD program that will show a caption on each photo during playback on a DVD player? I'd love to know what you guys do.
Noyb   (Jay) Noyb is offline Noyb is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 19,325 posts.

28-Mar-2008, 08:15 PM #2
Not quite what your asking for ... but ...
I'd edit the photo, clean it up as needed and add the captions I wanted before saving the file.
Not sure what Kodak can do ... I Did this in Adobe Photoshop Elements ...
Attached Thumbnails
How to put captions on photo CD-bosses.jpg  
Member with 19 posts.

Experience: Beginner
28-Mar-2008, 09:41 PM #3
Thanks for replying. I'll see if I can do that in Adobe. When you did it and played your CD in the DVD player, did each picture's caption show on screen?
Account Disabled with 5,251 posts.

Experience: Advanced
29-Mar-2008, 12:27 AM #4
To answer your question, that sort of caption becomes part of the photo so yes it would show up anywhere after it is applied and saved as a flattened layer.

If you make them this way just remember not to save the altered photos over the originals or it will replace them permanently.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!