Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Digital Photography & Imaging Digital Photography & Imaging
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Need a lens adapter for a Cyber-Shot DSC-S60

(!)

Junior Member with 11 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
13-Jul-2008, 03:21 PM #1
Need a lens adapter for a Cyber-Shot DSC-S60
Hello,

Iím not sure if this is the correct forum, I have a hardware question about a digital camera.

I have a Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-S60 and I am looking to get lenses with higher magnification. Every time I search for these lenses these pop up: Sony VCL-DH2630 2.6X Super Tele Conversion Lens and the Sony VCL-DH1730 0.7X Tele Conversion Lens. I believe they are what Iím looking for but they require an adapter to fit my camera. This is where I am having trouble.

Half the sites I visit say that I need the VAD-PEB 30mm Lens Adapter and others say I need the VAD-PHC 30mm Lens Adapter. When I research these adapters the VAD-PEB is supposed to fit these models: DSC-P73/P93/S90 and the VAD-PHC is supposed to fit the DSC-P100/P150/P200. Obviously my camera is not among these. I went to Sonyís website but all it tells me is that both adapters are discontinued.

I believe that the VAD-PEB is my best bet because a few sites Iíve visited included my camera in the compatible list, the S90 looks very similar to my S60 and the adapter looks like it might fit my camera. Iíd just like to know for sure.

I donít understand the ambiguity. It should be pretty straight forward which adapter will fit which camera. Does anyone know first-hand what adapter I need or know a reliable website that can give me the final word on this?

Thanks in advance.
Junior Member with 11 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
23-Jul-2008, 02:08 PM #2
No ideas? Can anyone recommend a forum where I might have better luck with this problem?
Registered User with 722 posts.

23-Jul-2008, 03:13 PM #3
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!