Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Digital Photography & Imaging Digital Photography & Imaging
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

hi, l need help uploading photos to dating sites (sounds embarrassing l know lol).

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Beginner
31-Oct-2008, 12:09 PM #1
Smile hi, l need help uploading photos to dating sites (sounds embarrassing l know lol).
HI from australia. If i've got the wrong place in the forum l apologize. Anyway the situation is l borrowed my parents 4 year old digital camera and l took a few pictures of myself, to upload on dating sites, and i've managed to upload the pictures on a few of the sites. I've had to return the camera back to my family because l don't live with them including the software, and l really don't have the time to go get the camera back from them.
I've lost all my photos that l burned to cd and l don't want to borrow the camera again, so ive basically lost all my photos. But what l did was (keep in mind that l only know a bit about technical issues/computers) l went to the existing images on the dating sites and l right clicked and chose SAVE IMAGE AS and basically after stuffing around for a while l saved them to my harddrive and desktop (l created a desktop folder).
I guess l'll get right to it, all my images are only 2 or 3 kb and the dating site l want to join next states the photo/image has to be no larger than 3 mb, (and for 1 dating site it actually accepted the image, but not this one) so for the last 4 hours i've been downloading free to use image resizing software but it just won't change its really frustrating, or if it does change the photo only goes up by another 2 kb. Ive done a bit of research and from what i've read the larger you increase the image the more it'll be fuzzy, seriously l have no clue of what to do next, is there a program l could use, l'll even buy one if l have to. I've tried picasa, irfanview, photobie, and about 5 others, l'd seriously love some help here, l just want to know if there is anyway l can increase the size of my photo so l can upload it to the dating site, (and hopefully without being fuzzy) okay thats it.
thanks for all your help, musch appreciated.
aaron

p.s. i'm using windows vista business 32-bit, hp laptop, 120 gigabyte, 2.0o ghz, 2 gigabyte of ram, also firefox.
Computer Specs
Moderator with 49,891 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
31-Oct-2008, 12:59 PM #2
Quote:
I guess l'll get right to it, all my images are only 2 or 3 kb and the dating site l want to join next states the photo/image has to be no larger than 3 mb,
based on above you should have no problem as
3Kb is a lot smaller that 3Mb

but if you want to enlarge the photo you willl have problems as the data may not be there, and it will be fuzzy
I have a program that may do - if you want to emaill me
You could attach here - use go advanced when you post and attach
if you do not want a picture here for all to see then

send me a PM if interested and I will reply in a PM with my email
Member with 6,832 posts.

31-Oct-2008, 01:36 PM #3
You aren’t going to like the results no matter how you do it. The site that wants a 3Mb photo is obviously going to show it at a large size. The one you copied from the site was probably small.

Fuzziness isn’t the only problem. To get the image to 3k they must have used a high compression. That doesn’t look bad on a small display, but when you blow it up you see extreme artifacts from the compression. You can’t sharpen the photo because you sharpen the artifacts. Plugins like Genuine Fractals and Blow Up won’t help.

This is a crop I reduced to 3k by resizing and saving at low quality. I then resized it back and used a higher quality to get it to 42k. A larger size and quality would look exactly the same.

You can get an idea how it is going to look after you blow it up by opening the image you downloaded in Irfanview. Go to the View tab, Display Options and check “Fit Image to Window”. No amount of work is going to get it much better than that after you enlarge it.

Do you not know someone with a digital camera that could take a couple of photos and email them to you?
Attached Thumbnails
hi, l need help uploading photos to dating sites (sounds embarrassing l know lol).-natale-small-3.jpg  
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Beginner
02-Nov-2008, 06:44 AM #4
hi again, l just want to say thank you for your answers after signing up to that dating site l found out that you have to pay (not really worth uploading a photo for a paid site in my view anyway) oh well, if l have any more questions on tech related issues l'll know where to return to
stay well
aaron
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!