Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Digital Photography & Imaging Digital Photography & Imaging
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

my computer wont let me download pictures anymore

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Beginner
25-Jul-2009, 05:48 PM #1
Unhappy my computer wont let me download pictures anymore
Im nine months pregnant and due any day now and i got a kodak
digital camera so that i can take pictures of my daughter and send
pictures to friends and family. when i first used my camera it let me download
pictures, but my camera came with a disk to download to your computer
i thought it had some neat photoshop so i downloaded it and quickly learned
that i had no idea to use it and didnt even like it that i liked my computer
better the way it was before. so i went to my computer and deleted it now
my computer wont download any pictures and i deleted my account on my
computer just to try to see if it was just that account and no i just ended up
deleting all the pictures that i had before. so kodak pretty much screwed me
over and im really upset about it. i want my computer to download pictures!
and also i tryed to download the kodak thing again and of course it does
not want to download. so please help me hurry my due date is getting closer
and closer!!
Member with 6,832 posts.

25-Jul-2009, 07:35 PM #2
I’m not sure I am following, but I think you uninstalled EasyShare. You should be able to download the photos using Windows.

Start > My Computer (Computer in Vista). With the camera hooked up and on it should make a drive under “Devices with Removable Storage”. It is often listed as “Removable Drive”. You can click on that until your picture files show. Edit > Select All. Then right click one of the highlighted files and “Copy”. Right click on any folder you want to put them in and “Paste”.

If you prefer a wizard right click on the drive. Properties > Autoplay > Pictures. Check “Select an Action to Perform”. You probably want the first choice which is the wizard. Apply and OK. Whenever you plug the camera in you should get the wizard.

You can probably find the pictures you already saved with EasyShare in Documents and Settings > All Users > Shared Documents > Shared Pictures > Kodak.
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

25-Jul-2009, 07:36 PM #3
When you deleted your Windows account, you deleted all your files. That process didn't have anything to do with Kodak software or the company.

How, exactly, did you "delete" the software? Did you uninstall something through Add/Remove Programs? If so, what was it? Or did you delete a folder?

What happens when you connect the camera to the computer? Can you access it through My Computer?

You can also just get a flash card reader, and use it to read the files from the camera. That's the simplest solution.

If you need more specific advice, you have to provide more specific details such as the model camera, what software you were using to transfer pictures, how the process worked, etc.
Account Disabled with 16,918 posts.

29-Jul-2009, 11:59 AM #4
I also prefer to import using windows...although the kodak camera makes a decent picture and is easy to operate...their software reminds me of something the people at nortons would create .
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!