Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Digital Photography & Imaging Digital Photography & Imaging
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

no sound uploading video with sony handycam

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Beginner
19-Dec-2009, 08:24 PM #1
no sound uploading video with sony handycam
Hi all! First post be gentle, I am a computer novice!
For the past 2 yrs, I have been able to upload video and sound no probs, this week, there is no sound. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the supplied cd disc that came with the camcorder (sony handycam DCR-HC24), no change. I have gone to device driver, sound and accessories, and when the camcorder is on, I see an exclamation mark, and message saying driver not installed. I also get message saying I need macromedia flash (I have this), and everytime I turn the camcorder on, it wants to install all over again, at the end, A message says "driver installation file for this device is missing a necessary entry, may be because the INF was written for windows 95 or later"
Tried Sony support, they are useless, really struggling with this, everything else is fine, previously uploaded video fine, sound on camcorder fine, even tried as different usb, I am using the usb wire.
Please help!
Many thanks

Last edited by pmdevlin; 19-Dec-2009 at 08:25 PM.. Reason: typo error
Computer Specs

21-Dec-2009, 06:18 PM #2
nobody got any help to offer?
Computer Specs
Member with 71 posts.

Experience: Advanced
26-Dec-2009, 01:17 AM #3
Have you tried downloading it through the Firewire port instead? I've seen a lot of complaints online about DVD camcorders not working too well with USB outputs...
Computer Specs

26-Dec-2009, 09:35 AM #4
just to get it to work again, I did a system restore, to the last time it worked, approx a month ago. It works again now, but it wasnt really the best answer, there is obviosly a problem,as all downloads of drivers etc didnt work, whats a firewire port?
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!